• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII football: An incredibly early look at the 2019 preseason top 10

DII football: An incredibly early look at the 2019 preseason top 10

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...eseason-top-10

Re: DII football: An incredibly early look at the 2019 preseason top 10

MSU should be very solid! Only concerns right now are depth at d line and finding a kicker

Comment

I don't expect much of a drop for Pueblo defensively. QB should no longer be a question mark for the next 3 years barring injury which will be a huge plus. Don't know if they are ready for 2014 again but should be better than they've been since that time.

Mines will be interesting, they lose a lot but should have solid recruits from the last couple of years that are ready to step up.

Comment

Unless the coaching changes disrupt things too much, Valdosta State will have a great roster to start 2019.
        VSU BLAZERS
        Great Balls of Fire !!!!!!

Comment

I'm still not sold on NDC being that good, but the recent history shows they are beginning to deserve to be considered a top team entering the season. My biggest concern with the having NDC is the strength of schedule. I am not sold that the MEC is that strong a conference, but NDC certainly was the class of the conference in 2018, and took out a good Hillsdale team in the playoffs before losing to VSU in a tighter game than most expected. Maybe the MEC is a better conference than I think they are and maybe NDC is deserving of a #3 pre-season ranking.

I do feel traditional success plays a part in pre-season rankings, which is my concern about NDC and Slippery Rock. SRU has been a very up and down program over the years. When they are up they certainly can be this good, but they have lacked consistency.

I also hate pre-season rankings anyway because they tend to overrank certain teams and undervaluing others. I would much rather have no rankings until about the 1/2 way point of the season and then rank the teams at that point once they actually have in season performances to rank.

Comment

As much as I hate to say this, I feel like Harding (AR) should be in the Top 10.

Comment

I'm really uncomfortable with this ranking. We haven't done well in the past when we're highly ranked, but who knows new coach, new legacy. BTW if this does pan out we'd certainly loose our AD because his ability to pick great coaches certainly wouldn't go unnoticed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X