Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police presents at upcoming D2 Football Games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four more Police Officers shot last night, one was shot in the head and is in critical condition. No protest / riots or looting planned in reference to this major national problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      Four more Police Officers shot last night, one was shot in the head and is in critical condition. No protest / riots or looting planned in reference to this major national problem.
      Here's the difference you seem to be missing- when those who shoot officers are found they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The same can't be said when officers shoot individuals when it's not a life or death situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Here's the difference you seem to be missing- when those who shoot officers are found they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The same can't be said when officers shoot individuals when it's not a life or death situation.
        The similarity is that it makes both sides jumpy and quick to pull the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The similarity is that it makes both sides jumpy and quick to pull the trigger.
          Let me know when "jumpy" is a legitimate reason for self-defense in the court of law. Until then, hold officers accountable for their actions and you will see less police shootings and less protests.

Comment

• A simple solution that the whole nation should understand and embrace. Whether or not you've committed a crime or not, always immediately stop and comply to the request of our peace keepers, never resist! Keep in mind that just like the average American citizen, over 99 percent of Police Officers are good people and really prefer a peaceful outcome where everyone involved lives to see another day. Teach your children well!!

Comment

A simple solution that the whole nation should understand and embrace. Whether or not you've committed a crime or not, always immediately stop and comply to the request of our peace keepers, never resist! Keep in mind that just like the average American citizen, over 99 percent of Police Officers are good people and really prefer a peaceful outcome where everyone involved lives to see another day. Teach your children well!!
              I don't disagree with you here - but after watching the Masai Ujiri bodycam video, I saw nothing Mr. Ujiri did that was unreasonable - yet "commentators" were saying that because he took a step forward here, a step back there, and looked 2 degrees to the left - he was exhibiting potentially aggressive behavior. At what point do we put some of that burden on the officer to read the situation and make reasonable decisions? I think the vast majority do already - but the lengths some people go too to justify some of this is mindboggling.

He was only shoved around a bit, so it's apples to oranges - obviously, but it was a really bad look.

In the case of the man in Kenosha, the man clearly should not have gone to his car. Unknown what could be in there. The response was probably a little excessive, but not totally unjustified, IMO.

Comment

Let me know when "jumpy" is a legitimate reason for self-defense in the court of law. Until then, hold officers accountable for their actions and you will see less police shootings and less protests.
                This situation is scary to me -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/sport...ntl/index.html

Not only did the officer shove a guy around for no reason (one wearing a suit, no less) - the officer then sues the guy for all kinds of damage. The scary part? He was wearing a body cam during the incident and the footage completely contradicts his side of the story. I have a feeling nothing is going to happen, yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

This situation is scary to me -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/sport...ntl/index.html

Not only did the officer shove a guy around for no reason (one wearing a suit, no less) - the officer then sues the guy for all kinds of damage. The scary part? He was wearing a body cam during the incident and the footage completely contradicts his side of the story. I have a feeling nothing is going to happen, yet again.
                  Exactly. I used this on a different forum as an example where officers will lie and cover up for one another to protect each other. Even when they are wrong. These are the issues that need fixed.

Over the weekend I saw no less than 3 videos of officer confrontations
                  - 1 was a white male getting in his truck and taking off after cussing out an officer while the officer told him to stop. No taser, no shots, just got in his truck and left
                  - 1 was a large white male aggressively going towards a female officer with knife in his hand telling her he was going to cut her head off. She avoided as long as possible and then used a taser
                  - 1 was a white male fighting with an officer and it looked to me like he was trying to get the officers gun. Officer got him down and threatened him with a taser, not the gun

Weird what those 3 things have in common but a 12 year old black kid gets shot in a park approximately 5-10 seconds after police cars arrive on the scene. Officers are trained to use non-lethal methods if at all possible and have no problem when the suspect is white, even when the suspect is directly threatening their life. It is possible.

Comment

A simple solution that the whole nation should understand and embrace. Whether or not you've committed a crime or not, always immediately stop and comply to the request of our peace keepers, never resist! Keep in mind that just like the average American citizen, over 99 percent of Police Officers are good people and really prefer a peaceful outcome where everyone involved lives to see another day. Teach your children well!!
                    https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/st...27348211625984

Comment

Exactly. I used this on a different forum as an example where officers will lie and cover up for one another to protect each other. Even when they are wrong. These are the issues that need fixed.

Over the weekend I saw no less than 3 videos of officer confrontations
                      - 1 was a white male getting in his truck and taking off after cussing out an officer while the officer told him to stop. No taser, no shots, just got in his truck and left
                      - 1 was a large white male aggressively going towards a female officer with knife in his hand telling her he was going to cut her head off. She avoided as long as possible and then used a taser
                      - 1 was a white male fighting with an officer and it looked to me like he was trying to get the officers gun. Officer got him down and threatened him with a taser, not the gun

Weird what those 3 things have in common but a 12 year old black kid gets shot in a park approximately 5-10 seconds after police cars arrive on the scene. Officers are trained to use non-lethal methods if at all possible and have no problem when the suspect is white, even when the suspect is directly threatening their life. It is possible.
                      Obviously those are anecdotal examples - but I do agree with your overall point.

The one you mention about the kid at the park - that one disturbed me too. They never even tried to diffuse the situation, they drove onto the park, got out, and shot a child.

This is a reflection of our society as a whole, but I think we're so obsessed with violence and the "Rambo mentality" that we prefer resorting to violence before any other action is taken, which is not something I'm a big fan of.

Comment

And yet you can see many videos online of police in a fist fight with a white guy resisting arrest and they don't shoot them...they don't even point a gun at them.

Comment

This isn't a solution though, this is succumbing to officers whom try to abuse their power. Yes, most are good. But I find it hilarious that so many who are for small government all of a sudden think that simply complying with any request of them is the answer. How about we train officers properly and hold them accountable instead of demanding citizens in the land of the free to bow down to those who went through a mere 16 weeks of training before being sent out to do a difficult job. I'm not even bashing the police here, simply the system which we have for some reason accepted as being good enough.

Comment

They should be judged in a court of law, not on a message board or in the media. If a jury finds people innocent, we will have to accept the decisions as part of the justice system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

They should be judged in a court of law, not on a message board or in the media. If a jury finds people innocent, we will have to accept the decisions as part of the justice system.
                              Agreed but how many times do we hear "charges will not be filed". File the charges, let the courts decide, and hold people accountable. You will see less protests and less police shootings. That's not how the system is setup though. They always use "acting in self-defense" even if it's not a life or death matter. Never holding police accountable for their actions is the systemic racism issues that protesters are concerned about.

Comment

• Research shows that Police are forced to lethally take down white men all across the nation for resisting on a consistent bases, but it's not highlighted by the media.

Fact is, several Police Officer (of different races) have told me that all races have something in common, more and more will lie about having a concealed weapon or if they're carrying drugs for dealing, or if asked if they committed a crime (such as robbing a store), they will deny it even when they are shone clear video proof that the person is clearly them committing the crime. Another thing that can pretty much be counted on is (when interviewed) a criminal's Mother saying that he's a good good boy, and he didn't do anything.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X