Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police presents at upcoming D2 Football Games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Earlier we were told that "Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets." It's just not the case. Here's another opinion or intention or something semantically similar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/3179232001/

Click image for larger version

Name:	04b8b841-10d1-48f9-812e-351faf3c7ed0-XXX_TH__seattle_protests_2020_455.JPG?width=660&height=486&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	514222
    Do we really believe they're going to pull police off the streets in every major US city?

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

That's not an opinion. It's their intention. And they are in a position to act on it.

You and I can express our thoughts on the matter, but we don't have any direct effect on the outcome. Thus our opinion.
    ????
    Earlier we were told that "Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets." It's just not the case. Here's another opinion or intention or something semantically similar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/3179232001/

Click image for larger version

Name:	04b8b841-10d1-48f9-812e-351faf3c7ed0-XXX_TH__seattle_protests_2020_455.JPG?width=660&height=486&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	514222

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Having a condition that affects a person's hands or eyesight to the point where the person can't type on a phone isn't exactly laziness.

I'm just giving you a different perspective. I don't know about most of the members here, but that is a reason why people use voice-to-text.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the perspective! It also occurs to me that a voice-to-text app would be full of potential spelling landmines...Gotta love the English language sometimes!!!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So, laziness is the issue?!?!
    Having a condition that affects a person's hands or eyesight to the point where the person can't type on a phone isn't exactly laziness.

I'm just giving you a different perspective. I don't know about most of the members here, but that is a reason why people use voice-to-text.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I tend to believe it's because people use the voice recognition software on phones and tablets and don't speak clearly rather than assuming everyone who messes up flunked English classes.
    So, laziness is the issue?!?!

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied

Here's another "opinion". It just happens to be that of the president of Minneapolis City Council.
    That's not an opinion. It's their intention. And they are in a position to act on it.

You and I can express our thoughts on the matter, but we don't have any direct effect on the outcome. Thus our opinion.
    ????

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

It is just one opinion.
    Here's another "opinion". It just happens to be that of the president of Minneapolis City Council.

Yes. We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department and replace it with a transformative new model of public safety.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied

That's not exactly what is being said.

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police
    It is just one opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets. Police departments have received or purchased 7.2 billion dollars worth of military equipment over the past of couple of decades. Reports indicated between January and March this year police departments received 30 mine resistant vehicles worth about $700,000 each and even pouches to carry grenades, according to Pentagon disclosures on the property transfer program
    That's not exactly what is being said.

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
    Usually when you think of Police Presents you mean a ticket. In that cents I've received several "presents". I remember coming back from a game up in Mars Hill several years back and got a present from a NC Highway patrolman that I went to Church with. He laughed the whole time he was righting out my ticket.
    I just want to know did your team win or loose the game?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Defund the Grammar Police!
    That would be a step too far! I mean, were would we be if we couldn't dismiss someones point by criticizing his or her grammar and/or spelling!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ursidae
    replied
    Usually when you think of Police Presents you mean a ticket. In that cents I've received several "presents". I remember coming back from a game up in Mars Hill several years back and got a present from a NC Highway patrolman that I went to Church with. He laughed the whole time he was righting out my ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    A couple of things in particular could really negatively effect college football and basketball this year.

1. COVID-19 (especially if we see an uptick in cases)

2. Cities and towns with colleges that try and quickly jump on board in defunding their police to the point that there's not enough on-duty or off-duty officers to maintain civil peace and security at games. The ramifications could be huge and other options would not be nearly effective or simply wouldn't work. Based on past problems and fights, in a lot of high school games in NC with (with police security) you have to go through medal detectors just to get through the gates or doors.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    I saw the title pop up when I logged into the website. Wasn't sure if the police was being honored with gifts for their service or if it meant working the games. This was a good laugh I needed.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Defund the Grammar Police!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X