Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police presents at upcoming D2 Football Games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I tend to believe it's because people use the voice recognition software on phones and tablets and don't speak clearly rather than assuming everyone who messes up flunked English classes.
    So, laziness is the issue?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So, laziness is the issue?!?!
      Having a condition that affects a person's hands or eyesight to the point where the person can't type on a phone isn't exactly laziness.

I'm just giving you a different perspective. I don't know about most of the members here, but that is a reason why people use voice-to-text.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Having a condition that affects a person's hands or eyesight to the point where the person can't type on a phone isn't exactly laziness.

I'm just giving you a different perspective. I don't know about most of the members here, but that is a reason why people use voice-to-text.
        Gotcha. Thanks for the perspective! It also occurs to me that a voice-to-text app would be full of potential spelling landmines...Gotta love the English language sometimes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

That's not an opinion. It's their intention. And they are in a position to act on it.

You and I can express our thoughts on the matter, but we don't have any direct effect on the outcome. Thus our opinion.
          ????
          Earlier we were told that "Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets." It's just not the case. Here's another opinion or intention or something semantically similar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/3179232001/

Click image for larger version

Name:	04b8b841-10d1-48f9-812e-351faf3c7ed0-XXX_TH__seattle_protests_2020_455.JPG?width=660&height=486&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	514222

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Earlier we were told that "Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets." It's just not the case. Here's another opinion or intention or something semantically similar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/3179232001/

Click image for larger version

Name:	04b8b841-10d1-48f9-812e-351faf3c7ed0-XXX_TH__seattle_protests_2020_455.JPG?width=660&height=486&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	514222
            Do we really believe they're going to pull police off the streets in every major US city?

Comment

The grammar police missed the opportunity for several good jokes here. They need to be retrained.

Comment

Also, sometimes the grammar police aren't trying to discredit your post. They just think it's funny when they read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  The grammar police missed the opportunity for several good jokes here. They need to be retrained.
                  I was just setting hair thinking their are otter post two sea that may bee, ore seam two bee, moor excessible to reed ore right about, butt eye may bee wrong. Wheel sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I was just setting hair thinking their are otter post two sea that may bee, ore seam two bee, moor excessible to reed ore right about, butt eye may bee wrong. Wheel sea.
                    MR Pigs. MR not Pigs. OSAR. LIB MR Pigs!

Comment

Maybe it is all semantics. Perhaps there are multiple meanings to phrases used. The question becomes whether to take it seriously or literally?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...y-mean/612904/

Comment

It's honestly pretty straightforward. "Defund the police" means "reduce the amount of funds allocated to the police". It does not need to be more complicated.

Comment

Do we really believe they're going to pull police off the streets in every major US city?
                          I don't know what "we" really believe.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/us/wh...rnd/index.html

Those seeking to disband police consider defunding an initial step toward creating an entirely different model of community-led public safety.

Comment

I don't know what "we" really believe.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/us/wh...rnd/index.html
                            The article never specifically says who "they" are for the most part. Teenagers? Elected officials? Who are "they?" The article does say this though...
                            Disbanding police altogether falls on the more radical end of the police divestment spectrum, but it's gaining traction.

Their plan doesn't seem half bad. Reallocate funds into other resources to prevent the crime from happening in the first place, and create different teams to handle specific situations that probably don't need an LEO to begin with, like a mental health crisis. Then use law enforcement to target the actual crimes, reducing the possibility of violence. That's what I got out of it.

Comment

The article never specifically says who "they" are for the most part. Teenagers? Elected officials? Who are "they?" The article does say this though...
                              Their plan doesn't seem half bad. Reallocate funds into other resources to prevent the crime from happening in the first place, and create different teams to handle specific situations that probably don't need an LEO to begin with, like a mental health crisis. Then use law enforcement to target the actual crimes, reducing the possibility of violence. That's what I got out of it.
                              I know, right? Can't we all just get along?

The "they" may very well be MPD150 . Their mission is pretty clear: working towards a police free Minneapolis

Meanwhile....
                              THE DEMANDS OF THE COLLECTIVE BLACK VOICES AT FREE CAPITOL HILL TO THE GOVERNMENT OF SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

The Seattle Police Department and attached court system are beyond reform. We do not request reform, we demand abolition.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

A prime example of why we should defund police and reinvest in our education system. How ironic...
                                I thought it meant that we were getting presents from the police.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X