Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Did we miss the Humboldt State announcement that football is returning?
    Plus AZUZA PACIFIC makes 2 as far as I see. Others ???

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I've rarely had to deal with snow in about a decade of Pueblo games oddly enough. Cold? Yes. Many locations will be very similar to Flagstaff for a comparison.
      That sounds sweet. Hope it holds.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Plus AZUZA PACIFIC makes 2 as far as I see. Others ???
        Humboldt State dropped football after the 2018 season. APU is the only D2 football team in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Humboldt State dropped football after the 2018 season. APU is the only D2 football team in the state.
          Sort it out with TECH BOYS, My perspective is from the other side of the football universe in a different California.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a college fan View Post

Yeah my post wasn't to make it a factor it was simply to learn more about the conferences! Only really knew about west coast for D2!
            According to Massey Ratings.

1. Gulf South
            2. MIAA
            3. GLIAC
            4. Lone Star
            5. SAC
            6. GLVC
            7. RMAC
            8. NSIC
            9. GMAC
            10. PSAC
            11. GNAC
            12. GAC
            13. MEC
            14. SIAC
            15. CIAA
            16. NE10

Comment

Sort it out with TECH BOYS, My perspective is from the other side of the football universe in a different California.
              I was attempting a bit of humor. Too bad we don't have the smilies anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

1. Gulf South
                2. MIAA
                3. GLIAC
                4. Lone Star
                5. SAC
                6. GLVC
                7. RMAC
                8. NSIC
                9. GMAC
                10. PSAC
                11. GNAC
                12. GAC
                13. MEC
                14. SIAC
                15. CIAA
                16. NE10
                Other major difference in D2 is the division of the conferences into 4 SUPER REGIONS in order to give structure to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP playoffs. SR1-GMAC, PSAC, MEC, NE10. SR2-CIAA, GSC, SAC, SIAC, INDIES. SR3-GAC, GLIAC, GLVC, MIAA. SR4-GNAC, LSC, NSIC RMAC.
                If I'm not mistaken every SR, except SR1, has won a National Championship. I believe that someone will correct me shortly.

Comment

Other major difference in D2 is the division of the conferences into 4 SUPER REGIONS in order to give structure to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP playoffs. SR1-GMAC, PSAC, MEC, NE10. SR2-CIAA, GSC, SAC, SIAC, INDIES. SR3-GAC, GLIAC, GLVC, MIAA. SR4-GNAC, LSC, NSIC RMAC.
                  If I'm not mistaken every SR, except SR1, has won a National Championship. I believe that someone will correct me shortly.
                  SR1 did when it was called the Northeast and GVSU won in 2002 and 2003.

Current members of SR1 that have played in the championship off the top of my head:

IUP
                  Shepherd
                  New Haven

Comment

OK...now I know this is CRAZY as hell for suggesting this...BUT...maybe the young man should pick a school that lines up well with his academic plans and then how good the football programs is...unless the young man is really really good and thinks he might have a shot at the NFL...and then he should find a school that lines up well with his academic plans and then how solid the football program is...cause if he IS good...they WILL find hime...but really wish him all the best and enjoy the ride...its short and sweet but O is it FUN!!!! Kinda like my third hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                      OK...now I know this is CRAZY as hell for suggesting this...BUT...maybe the young man should pick a school that lines up well with his academic plans and then how good the football programs is...unless the young man is really really good and thinks he might have a shot at the NFL...and then he should find a school that lines up well with his academic plans and then how solid the football program is...cause if he IS good...they WILL find hime...but really wish him all the best and enjoy the ride...its short and sweet but O is it FUN!!!! Kinda like my third hubby.
                      Did you miss the part where his uncle indicated that despite a HS injury "he had enough film for them to send him the offer" ? Unless he is looking for a specific course of study that is offered at only a few universities, I expect he can find programs that meet his career goals and the one that offered financial support met those needs. Not knowing his family's financial situation I trust the young man is making the best decision for all concerned.

Comment

SR1 did when it was called the Northeast and GVSU won in 2002 and 2003.

Current members of SR1 that have played in the championship off the top of my head:

IUP
                        Shepherd
                        New Haven
                        And Bloomsburg in 2000

Comment

I'll admit, I am biased, but the MIAA has won 5 of the last 11 National Championships. Actually, there have only been 6 of the last 16 years where the MIAA was not represented in the National Championship. ;-)

That being said, there are several excellent conferences in D2. Unlike D1 Football, what you will find with most D2 schools is that these are "student" athletes... meaning, in my opinion, D2 appears to put more emphasis on the "student" aspect. I personally know, and worth with, several post-D2 football players and their respective education was vital to their future. Regardless of the conference, I truly believe that D2 will allow your nephew to show off his talents.

I hope that he enjoys his future opportunities! I wish him luck.
                          Last edited by clintec; 08-05-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

To be fair to Gulf South... They also have won 3 of the last 10 National Championships... and have been represented 7 of the last 16 years. Again, there are several other great conferences in D2 Football. I'd argue that the way D2's bracket is designed that any school with the necessary talent can rise to the top on any given year.

Comment

1. Gulf South
                              2. MIAA
                              3. GLIAC
                              4. Lone Star
                              5. SAC
                              6. GLVC
                              7. RMAC
                              8. NSIC
                              9. GMAC
                              10. PSAC
                              11. GNAC
                              12. GAC
                              13. MEC
                              14. SIAC
                              15. CIAA
                              16. NE10
                              Interesting that when E/W is broken out of PSAC that the east is between GAC & MEC, I would have thought that breaking them out would move the west up above the GMAC.

Comment

1. Gulf South
                                2. MIAA
                                3. GLIAC
                                4. Lone Star
                                5. SAC
                                6. GLVC
                                7. RMAC
                                8. NSIC
                                9. GMAC
                                10. PSAC
                                11. GNAC
                                12. GAC
                                13. MEC
                                14. SIAC
                                15. CIAA
                                16. NE10
                                I think they got it just about right. Tradition probably favors MIAA but GSC probably takes top spot weighted for recent history.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X