Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears as though the season long experiment of having of having 'good guy' Teddy Bridgewater at the helm as the Panther's QB has finally ended, and the result wasn't good at all. It looks and sounds as though that even the Teddy loving media finally knows a change is needed asap. Fans are calling for a trade, and would like to see the Panther's early first round pick to be used for a brand new QB. Maybe just maybe I'm hoping that Carolina's coach will now get a free pass to be able to utilize the most talented players. If not, 2021 could be his last year as the Panther's coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      It appears as though the season long experiment of having of having 'good guy' Teddy Bridgewater at the helm as the Panther's QB has finally ended, and the result wasn't good at all. It looks and sounds as though that even the Teddy loving media finally knows a change is needed asap. Fans are calling for a trade, and would like to see the Panther's early first round pick to be used for a brand new QB. Maybe just maybe I'm hoping that Carolina's coach will now get a free pass to be able to utilize the most talented players. If not, 2021 could be his last year as the Panther's coach.
      Facts there on Teddy. The Panthers don't have enough talent for him to be successful. Teams that are well-built like Tampa and New Orleans (where he was 5-0 last year) allow Bridgewater to play to his strengths. However, he cannot put a team on his back. By the same token, Carolina did not have that QB on their roster this season. They tanked the right way. They used a proven veteran QB while protecting their best player who plays the position with the smallest window to be productive.

Comment

• To me and a lot of Panthers fans, moving forward, Teddy would be much better suited as a backup for another team, if not in the NFL, well maybe in the CFL. I'm hoping the Panthers pick up a new more mobile and more accurate QB that will give the team a better chance for success. They already have some very good receivers (when you can get the ball thrown to them), excellent backs, and a decent O-Line coming back next season.

Comment

It appears as though the season long experiment of having of having 'good guy' Teddy Bridgewater at the helm as the Panther's QB has finally ended, and the result wasn't good at all. It looks and sounds as though that even the Teddy loving media finally knows a change is needed asap. Fans are calling for a trade, and would like to see the Panther's early first round pick to be used for a brand new QB. Maybe just maybe I'm hoping that Carolina's coach will now get a free pass to be able to utilize the most talented players. If not, 2021 could be his last year as the Panther's coach.
          I'm not sure if available, but the draft pick would likely be Fields who while looking great against Clemson has also looked bad this year. I'm not sold that there are more than one NFL ready QB's in the draft yet so sitting behind Bridgewater to learn the offense next year may be good for any QB. I mean look at Tua in Miami as a perfect example of needing time to learn an NFL offense. There doesn't truly appear to be an Andrew Luck/Russel Wilson plug and play QB that would fall to the Panthers and make them immediate contenders. Also look at the season Justin Herbert had in Los Angeles and then look at their record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm not sure if available, but the draft pick would likely be Fields who while looking great against Clemson has also looked bad this year. I'm not sold that there are more than one NFL ready QB's in the draft yet so sitting behind Bridgewater to learn the offense next year may be good for any QB. I mean look at Tua in Miami as a perfect example of needing time to learn an NFL offense. There doesn't truly appear to be an Andrew Luck/Russel Wilson plug and play QB that would fall to the Panthers and make them immediate contenders. Also look at the season Justin Herbert had in Los Angeles and then look at their record.
            I think the Panthers will look for a Day 2 development QB or find a veteran via trade and build on their defense at #8. If all teams in the top 10 stand pat I believe the draft will go as followed.

1. Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence
            2. Jets: QB Justin Fields
            3. Dolphins: WR Jamar Chase
            4. Falcons: QB Zach Wilson
            5. Bengals: OT Penei Sewell
            6. Eagles: WR Devante Smith
            7. Lions: QB Trey Lance
            8. Panthers: LB Micha Parsons
            9. Broncos: CB Patrick Surtain
            10. Cowboys: CB Caleb Farley

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I think the Panthers will look for a Day 2 development QB or find a veteran via trade and build on their defense at #8. If all teams in the top 10 stand pat I believe the draft will go as followed.

1. Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence
              2. Jets: QB Justin Fields
              3. Dolphins: WR Jamar Chase
              4. Falcons: QB Zach Wilson
              5. Bengals: OT Penei Sewell
              6. Eagles: WR Devante Smith
              7. Lions: QB Trey Lance
              8. Panthers: LB Micha Parsons
              9. Broncos: CB Patrick Surtain
              10. Cowboys: CB Caleb Farley
              I think we mostly see this the same way and Lawrence is the only QB i think that may be Day 1 ready. There may be one farther down that hasn't gotten much hype like a Wilson, but who knows there. If you are right, Bengals and those getting defensive players are doing the smart play.

This definitely isn't the Marino draft for QB's.

Comment

• NFL playoff picture - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

Comment

• The NFL's top QBs know how to read defenses and make adjustments. The Panthers need to evaluate the upcoming draft and bring in a high quality QB who has the natural sense and knowledge of quickly and accurately reading defenses. This would be a possible gamechanger for the Panthers. No need to sit on the bench as a back up and try to learn from the present QB, that in my opinion would be a huge mistake.

Comment

The NFL's top QBs know how to read defenses and make adjustments. The Panthers need to evaluate the upcoming draft and bring in a high quality QB who has the natural sense and knowledge of quickly and accurately reading defenses. This would be a possible gamechanger for the Panthers. No need to sit on the bench as a back up and try to learn from the present QB, that in my opinion would be a huge mistake.
                    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/t...l-free-agency/

I know some will sign with their teams, but who on this list do you like? You will have more luck I think looking at the free agents than the draft to get someone that can turn it around faster. For me that choice may be Fitzpatrick on who is also most likely to not be resigned. Finding a QB that can read an NFL defense right away seems more like a crap shoot for me with how many QB's drafted in the first 10 picks flame out. I can think of only 4 top QB's in the playoffs that started right away in Wilson, Rivers, Jackson, and Roethlisberger. You could argue Mitchell Trubisky, but I don't consider him in the top and he was benched this season too.
                    Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 01-07-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• This Saturday afternoon. Go Pack Go!

Comment

• There's no place like home. Go Pack Go!

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1345894080950112256
                        Last edited by crixus; 01-11-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Remember when Coach Doug Pederson took a dive in the Eagles last game of the season to get a higher draft pick and some of his players spoke out against him for not trying to win. Well, he just got fired.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-source-says
                          Last edited by crixus; 01-11-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Remember when Coach Doug Pederson took a dive in the Eagles last game of the season to get a higher draft pick and some of his players spoke out against him for not trying to win. Well, he just got fired.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-source-says
                            Unfortunately being a life long Eagles fan we will be at the bottom of the division for the foreseeable future. If they were to fire Doug we needed to fire Howie as well who has had poor drafts causing our sudden pitfall. That Reagor over Jefferson pick will haunt us for years to come. Just as him picking Hurts when others said we needed to pick Jeremy Chinn the safety we so desperately needed. Hell our 2019 draft was a bust with our 1st rounder LT having his job as the future LT taken by a 7th round pick who never played a down of FB until 3 years ago. Our 4th round 2019 pick couldn't even last on our practice squad and was cut. Howie is the owners' son he never had and therefore he will always have the benefit of the doubt. Until Jeff promotes him to president of operations and hires a real GM we will stink lol

Comment

• https://www.chieftain.com/story/spor...&utm_campaign=

An error in the story as Pennel played for CSU-P in 2013, not 2014. A cool story nonetheless though.

Comment

• GO PACK GO!
                                Last edited by crixus; 01-18-2021, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X