Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    Rams First-Round Picks 2016: Jared Goff 2017: No pick (Titans) 2018: No pick (Patriots) 2019: No pick (Falcons) 2020: No pick (Jaguars) 2021: No pick (Jaguars) 2022: No pick (Lions) 2023: No pick (Lions)
    Sonny Weaver can get them out this hole...

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Sonny Weaver can get them out this hole...
      This seems to be a repeat of the Washington Redskins Over The Hill Gang under George Allen back in the early 1970's.

Comment

This seems to be a repeat of the Washington Redskins Over The Hill Gang under George Allen back in the early 1970's.
        And they traded away a QB with Super Bowl experience for a veteran with very little playoff experience. Maybe things are about to turn around in Detroit with this fleecing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And they traded away a QB with Super Bowl experience for a veteran with very little playoff experience. Maybe things are about to turn around in Detroit with this fleecing.
          The Motor City Kitties deserve better than what has happened to them. They still haven't reached the T-Wolves level of suckage yet, but it has been a rocky road- and I'm not talking ice cream.

Comment

I liked George, his Redskins were fun to watch.

Comment

Goff impressed me when he played with first a broken thumb, then a stapled thumb (ouch!). I remember he and Wentz were supposed to be great. Both fell out of favor around the same time. The Eagles should trade him to Chicago for Nick Foles.

I think Goff is a lot better than Wentz. Trading him and all those draft choices for an older QB with a losing record is risky. I haven't seen Stafford play that much, but he seems better than those around him. Goff's stats had dropped off a bit in the last 2 years:

https://www.nfl.com/players/jared-goff/stats/

I remember when the Oilers and the Raiders traded QBs. Dan Pastorini for the Snake. Dan broke his leg early in the season and Jim Plunkett took the Raiders to the Super Bowl, with a stop in Houston to crush the old Snake. That trade still makes me sick.

Comment

The Motor City Kitties deserve better than what has happened to them. They still haven't reached the T-Wolves level of suckage yet, but it has been a rocky road- and I'm not talking ice cream.
                And they were jobbed by the refs so Dallas could win when they did get in the playoffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Goff impressed me when he played with first a broken thumb, then a stapled thumb (ouch!). I remember he and Wentz were supposed to be great. Both fell out of favor around the same time. The Eagles should trade him to Chicago for Nick Foles.

I think Goff is a lot better than Wentz. Trading him and all those draft choices for an older QB with a losing record is risky. I haven't seen Stafford play that much, but he seems better than those around him. Goff's stats had dropped off a bit in the last 2 years:

https://www.nfl.com/players/jared-goff/stats/

I remember when the Oilers and the Raiders traded QBs. Dan Pastorini for the Snake. Dan broke his leg early in the season and Jim Plunkett took the Raiders to the Super Bowl, with a stop in Houston to crush the old Snake. That trade still makes me sick.
                  As a Seattle fan I'm not complaining at all about the Rams trading away their future. It just makes no sense to me to trade all those picks for an old QB along with a 1st round pick QB in Goff. This isn't like Seattle trading for Jamal Adams for example with an old safety and picks for a very young all pro safety.

Comment

I liked George, his Redskins were fun to watch.
                    I liked George. Then they killed him and the Long Beach football program by pouring Gatorade over him. I've always hated that stupid practice ever since.

Did you see the bowl game up in Boise where they poured French fries over the winning coach with a minute to go in the game. Got a penalty for leaving a mess. What a waste of fries!

Comment

I liked George. Then they killed him and the Long Beach football program by pouring Gatorade over him. I've always hated that stupid practice ever since.

Did you see the bowl game up in Boise where they poured French fries over the winning coach with a minute to go in the game. Got a penalty for leaving a mess. What a waste of fries!
                      That was very sad but at least George went out a winner. He coached Long Beach to a winning season for the first time in a long time.

No, I missed the french fry debacle, evidently in honor of Idaho potatoes? I think some handshakes, or even carrying the coach off the field would be preferable to icy baths and food thrown at them.

Comment

That was very sad but at least George went out a winner. He coached Long Beach to a winning season for the first time in a long time.

No, I missed the french fry debacle, evidently in honor of Idaho potatoes? I think some handshakes, or even carrying the coach off the field would be preferable to icy baths and food thrown at them.

I looked it up for you. Nevada did it last year too and were flagged for it.

Comment

As a Seattle fan I'm not complaining at all about the Rams trading away their future. It just makes no sense to me to trade all those picks for an old QB along with a 1st round pick QB in Goff. This isn't like Seattle trading for Jamal Adams for example with an old safety and picks for a very young all pro safety.
                          I suspect you'd label me biased, but Stafford has a good 5 years left in him. His arm is as strong as ever and he doesn't rely on his feet for speed. He may have weaknesses, but his age isn't one yet. He may be playing after that safety hangs it up even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I suspect you'd label me biased, but Stafford has a good 5 years left in him. His arm is as strong as ever and he doesn't rely on his feet for speed. He may have weaknesses, but his age isn't one yet. He may be playing after that safety hangs it up even.
                            I'm not talking about Stafford, but more about all the picks that the Ram's gave up. That is going to leave them without new talent for a while.

Comment

I'm not talking about Stafford, but more about all the picks that the Ram's gave up. That is going to leave them without new talent for a while.
                              Yeah.. thanks for that!

Comment

• Super Bowl Sunday, with Tom Brady. How unusual!

I really don't know who to root for. I like the Chiefs and Andy Reid but I also like the fact that a 7-9 team from 2019 is in the Super Bowl with a new 40 something QB.

If Brady plays lights out, I think the Bucs will win, otherwise KC should win. It should be fun to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X