Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division II athletes should be permitted to compete

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
    or any of the other schools in the G?MAC. That is 14 championships lost at Hillsdale alone, taking the chance to win a conference, or even a national championship, from over 100 athletes.
    She kind of invalidated her own position a little bit here, which I thought was humorous.

Seriously though, I don't necessarily disagree with her position - I think it could have been articulated better - but sometimes we need to realize that life isn't fair and just because Timmy gets a shiny new toy doesn't mean we are going to as well. I'd expect someone from Hillsdale to understand that - which is a bit surprising.

Comment

IIRC the issue was never that D2 players were more at risk, it was that the level of testing and contact tracing needed to play sports makes the effort financially untenable for smaller schools. I'll grant that the NCAA might've jumped the gun in terms of canceling all championships in 2020, but I don't think the situation has improved to the point that you can play sports without a rigorous testing program.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
        IIRC the issue was never that D2 players were more at risk, it was that the level of testing and contact tracing needed to play sports makes the effort financially untenable for smaller schools. I'll grant that the NCAA might've jumped the gun in terms of canceling all championships in 2020, but I don't think the situation has improved to the point that you can play sports without a rigorous testing program.
        Not trying to argue for either side, just asking. NAIA (maybe not all) is playing. Don't they have budgets similar to or smaller than D2 schools? How do they afford the necessary testing while D2 does not?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Not trying to argue for either side, just asking. NAIA (maybe not all) is playing. Don't they have budgets similar to or smaller than D2 schools? How do they afford the necessary testing while D2 does not?
          They're NAIA so they're not bound by NCAA testing guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
            Right, if I had to guess, a fairly decent testing program would probably need at least a half million or so just to get up off the ground. Schools like the MAC can probably get away with testing 4 times a week because they have a TV deal and they are probably going to be playing an all mid-week schedule, Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, just to be on an ESPN channel.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Right, if I had to guess, a fairly decent testing program would probably need at least a half million or so just to get up off the ground. Schools like the MAC can probably get away with testing 4 times a week because they have a TV deal and they are probably going to be playing an all mid-week schedule, Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, just to be on an ESPN channel.
              The alabama AD said they're looking at $5 million for testing this year, but that's daily tests for the entire department

Comment

Hillsdale College is a huge benefactor of conservative causes and politicians. Of course they're going to push this narrative. Their donors require it. Just like Liberty University forcing its students to have in-person classes after being essentially forced to do so by conservatives, and then immediately suffering an outbreak and having to fire their president for endangering students.
                Last edited by KleShreen; 09-28-2020, 05:28 PM.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                  Hillsdale College is a huge benefactor of conservative causes and politicians. Of course they're going to push this narrative. Their donors require it. Just like Liberty University forcing its students to have in-person classes after being essentially forced to do so by conservatives, and then immediately suffering an outbreak and having to fire their president for endangering students.
                  Loooooooooooool Falwell got fired because he became a PR nightmare, the board would've been perfectly fine with keeping him if he could just not be a boisterous dummy!
                  Last edited by Mk63NuclearBomb; 09-29-2020, 08:58 AM. Reason: left out an "a", accidentally called kle a dummy

Comment

That's not why Falwell was canned.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Well, the school has a lawsuit against it from students saying it was dangerous and irresponsible to have them be on campus. I'm fairly certain they could not care less about him being in a love triangle or whatever he had going on as long as they weren't involved in a lawsuit.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Well, the school has a lawsuit against it from students saying it was dangerous and irresponsible to have them be on campus. I'm fairly certain they could not care less about him being in a love triangle or whatever he had going on as long as they weren't involved in a lawsuit.
                        It's Liberty though. That kind of stuff matters, especially how it played out so publicly. There was also the Instagram post which seems to really be the big reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

All I know's the ol' lady started bugging me about needing a pool boy. We don't even have a pool!
                          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post

All I know's the ol' lady started bugging me about needing a pool boy. We don't even have a pool!
                            If she wants a pool, I know a guy with a shovel.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X