• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Re: XFL 2020

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Seattle's team will be sharing Century Link with the Seahawks and Sounders (MLS). It also seems that they are trying to broadcast more games than the AAF did with the TV contracts. I think the failure of the first XFL may have taught Vince some things for this time around too.

Seattle's head coach is actually a Seattle legend and former Quarter Back's coach with Seattle in Jim Zorn.

Zorn is a bit of a legend, but mostly in the Northwest. I wish him well.

Now maybe they can find HeHateMe Jr.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Is that the only reason it hasn't gone the way of the Kingdome, Silver Dome and Metrodome yet?
    No. As I said Houstonians love the place. They could have used it for the soccer team, but I guess the liberal politicians didn't feel that would be right, so of course another new stadium was built. Cost is no object as long as others are paying the bills.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
    The Astrodome is a relic. It is only standing because tearing it down would be more ecologically damaging than leaving it up.
    Is that the only reason it hasn't gone the way of the Kingdome, Silver Dome and Metrodome yet?

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Going to be another failure of a league if it is nothing but fringe NFL players. Again - nobody wants to watch Zach Mettenberger vs Chris Simms.
    It gives a winter sport to Seattle at least for next winter and hopefully the one after waiting on the NHL franchise. Maybe if teams have players that were stars in the local area that don't make teams like Jake Browning in Seattle should he not make the Vikings it could bring in some fans.

Leave a comment:

• UNA_Texan
    replied

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    It is very popular with Houstonians.

Aren't you a relic too?

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
    The Astrodome is a relic. It is only standing because tearing it down would be more ecologically damaging than leaving it up.
    It is very popular with Houstonians.

Aren't you a relic too?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Going to be another failure of a league if it is nothing but fringe NFL players. Again - nobody wants to watch Zach Mettenberger vs Chris Simms.

Leave a comment:

• UNA_Texan
    replied

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    It looks like the XFL is serious and has some good TV contracts. Oliver Luck, the former Houston Oiler QB and father of Andrew Luck is the Commish.

The Houston team will play at the University of Houston stadium. They would be smarter to play in the Astrodome, but they didn't ask me.

https://abc13.com/sports/houstons-xf...coach/5308928/

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Seattle's team will be sharing Century Link with the Seahawks and Sounders (MLS). It also seems that they are trying to broadcast more games than the AAF did with the TV contracts. I think the failure of the first XFL may have taught Vince some things for this time around too.

Seattle's head coach is actually a Seattle legend and former Quarter Back's coach with Seattle in Jim Zorn.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    started a topic OT: XFL 2020

OT: XFL 2020

It looks like the XFL is serious and has some good TV contracts. Oliver Luck, the former Houston Oiler QB and father of Andrew Luck is the Commish.

The Houston team will play at the University of Houston stadium. They would be smarter to play in the Astrodome, but they didn't ask me.

https://abc13.com/sports/houstons-xf...coach/5308928/

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X