Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFL returning after 4 decades

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...st-eight-teams

It looks like FOX will be covering their games if it gets off the ground. I hope they look into cities such as Salt Lake City and Portland that don't have teams for possible places to put teams.

What was your favorite USFL helmet? I'll go with the Breakers, who were in three places- Boston, New Orleans and Portland.

Comment

Arizona Wranglers is my favorite. Bring them back and play in Tucson since the Cardinals are in Phoenix.

Comment

Keep Trump as faraway as possible.... He can screw up a game of marbles!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            What was your favorite USFL helmet? I'll go with the Breakers, who were in three places- Boston, New Orleans and Portland.

It's the LA Express for me, but I'm old enough to remember watching them play with QB Steve Young. Notice the trails on their helmet changed direction in year two.

Last edited by crixus; 06-03-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
              Keep Trump as faraway as possible.... He can screw up a game of marbles!
              I saw the 30 for 30 on ESPN about the USFL and he definitely put the kibosh on it.
              Last edited by crixus; 06-03-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

"If the XFL and USFL go head to head, neither one will survive". - crixusdamus

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                  "If the XFL and USFL go head to head, neither one will survive". - crixusdamus
                  Totally agree.

Then there's also the TSL - which isn't professional, but will be a third player in the tv market. I just don't think this is going to be sustainable.

IMO, there's clearly a market for some kind of spring football - otherwise we wouldn't be burning through leagues like we have been lately. I think it's time for the NFL to step in and host their own league and cut out all the competition. Otherwise this carousel will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...st-eight-teams

It looks like FOX will be covering their games if it gets off the ground. I hope they look into cities such as Salt Lake City and Portland that don't have teams for possible places to put teams.
                    Omaha is a huge missed opportunity.

The Nighthawks are definitely a standout post-2001 XFL. Rosenblatt can be converted to a football stadium and while it's not super ideal, it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Omaha is a huge missed opportunity.

The Nighthawks are definitely a standout post-2001 XFL. Rosenblatt can be converted to a football stadium and while it's not super ideal, it will work fine.
                      There, St. Louis, and San Antonio also come to mind, especially with the Alamo Dome and St. Louis already having an NFL stadium. Also any non-NFL city with an MLS team likely fits that bill like Columbus. There are so many major cities without NFL teams that would probably be thirsty for football and support the local team.

The Dragons in Seattle may have worked due to no NHL/NBA team for fans to follow which changes soon.

Comment

Top 3: Breakers, Gold, Panthers
                        Honorable mention: Generals (could have moved into the top 3 with a better color scheme), Renegades, Gamblers

Can't decide if I like the Federals or not. Good logo, but screams more bank/insurance/government agency than football team.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

IMO, there's clearly a market for some kind of spring football - otherwise we wouldn't be burning through leagues like we have been lately. I think it's time for the NFL to step in and host their own league and cut out all the competition. Otherwise this carousel will continue.
                          I'm not so sure. If there really was a market for some kind of spring football- we wouldn't be burning through leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Top 3: Breakers, Gold, Panthers
                            Honorable mention: Generals (could have moved into the top 3 with a better color scheme), Renegades, Gamblers

Can't decide if I like the Federals or not. Good logo, but screams more bank/insurance/government agency than football team.
                            Panthers had a unique color scheme that I could never figure out until Wikipedia came along.

Royal Plum, Champagne Silver, Light Blue, White

Comment

I always thought that the New Jersey Generals had the best looking helmet and uniforms. They looked professional enough to be a NFL uniform. Most of the helmets were really not all that great. I think one problem was that too many of them were either silver, gold, or black. Maybe they needed some diversity of color.

But I have to say that I am very excited to see a reboot of the USFL. If they do it as a feeder/farm leauge in conjuction with the NFL it may be able to work. Sort of like what NFL Europe was.

I would like to see Pittsburgh get a team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X