X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Bowden Dies at 91

Amazing coach...RIP.

Comment

The Bowden Seminoles vs. the Florida Gators and the Miami Hurricanes was the golden era of college football in Florida and it was a pleasure to watch the teams knock each other out in pursuit of a national championship.

Comment

Growing up in Maryland during the 90's, I saw Florida State games on TV way more often than I did the University of Maryland (before the Ralph Friedgen era). He built a powerhouse at FSU. As a kid I used to believe Florida State could beat some NFL teams lol. Sad to see such a legendary figure pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
          The Bowden Seminoles vs. the Florida Gators and the Miami Hurricanes was the golden era of college football in Florida and it was a pleasure to watch the teams knock each other out in pursuit of a national championship.

Comment

Yes, Indeed.
            Was in tears a couple of times since Sunday. So many stories and videos on social media and from the local TV stations. Grew up attending FSU games with my dad.

Funeral arrangements here:

https://www.wtxl.com/sports/college-...aNBXSJqDToXpLA

#BlazerNation

Comment

I grew up in the Atlanta area, born in '82. As a GT fan he was the coach we loved to hate. He was a great coach, recruiter, and most importantly man. I remember him talking about the late nineties games between FSU and GT and referring to him as a "Gal dang war" the college football world has not been the same without him. He will be missed.
              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                I grew up in the Atlanta area, born in '82. As a GT fan he was the coach we loved to hate. He was a great coach, recruiter, and most importantly man. I remember him talking about the late nineties games between FSU and GT and referring to him as a "Gal dang war" the college football world has not been the same without him. He will be missed.
                '82...you're still a youngin'. Nice post. I went to Bobby Bowden's final game as a coach, the 2010 Gator Bowl. But I was rooting for the other team, West Virginia. Florida State won it 33-21. When ESPN does their 30 for 30 about Bowden I bet it's two or three episodes not just the usual one and done.

??????
                Last edited by crixus; 08-12-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

'82...you're still a youngin'. Nice post. I went to Bobby Bowden's final game as a coach, the 2010 Gator Bowl. But I was rooting for the other team, West Virginia. Florida State won it 33-21. When ESPN does their 30 for 30 about Bowden I bet it's two or three episodes not just the usual one and done.

??????
                  I remember that game well, it was really cool to see that matchup for his final game. I'll be front and center when the 30 for 30 airs.
                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Funeral this morning at 11am.
                    It will be livestreamed at Seminoles.com

https://seminoles.com/funeral-servic...seminoles-com/

#BlazerNation

Comment

Watched the funeral service this morning. So very moving. Speakers include former players like Bobby Butler, Derrick Brooks, Charlie Ward, and Warrick Dunn. The Marching Chiefs were there and concluded the service with the fight song and the Chop! Only for coach Bowden. Did you know it was his wife Anne who put in place a lot of the traditions at FSU games?
                      It's been a sad morning!

#BlazerNation

Comment

No matter what the coaching level or sport, good and great coaches positively affect SO MANY of the kids, staff, parents, & everyone else! And Coach Bowden, RIP, certainly one of the best...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X