Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- old article about Macalester's losing streak

If your team lost yesterday and you are still sore about it, just be glad that you weren't following D3 Macalester back in the 1970s.

And here I thought the Alderson Broaddus losing streak was long at 11. I don't feel so bad now after reading that article. :)

??????
    Last edited by crixus; 10-10-2021, 12:39 PM.
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      If your team lost yesterday and you are still sore about it, just be glad that you weren't following D3 Macalester back in the 1970s.
      That should make Diamondback fans happy too after their losing streak this season reached into the 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        It's not football, but I remember when this 310 game losing streak was snapped.

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spo...ng-streak.html

??????
        Last edited by crixus; 10-11-2021, 12:43 AM.
        Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Nice article, and that streak by CalTech was insane. Prairie View A&M lost 80 straight football games in the nineties I believe. I recall reading an article about a player who was winless in high school, then attended Prairie View in the midst of their losing streak -- dud didn't win a single game in high school or college!
          https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/...-losing-streak

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
            Nice article, and that streak by CalTech was insane. Prairie View A&M lost 80 straight football games in the nineties I believe. I recall reading an article about a player who was winless in high school, then attended Prairie View in the midst of their losing streak -- dud didn't win a single game in high school or college!
            https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/...-losing-streak
            In my junior year of high school at Buffalo Lake we had to be the worst sports program in the state.

0-9 football
            1-17 in basketball
            0-9 in baseball
            Won two matches in wrestling- over Stewart who had a number of forfeits, and 25-20 over our biggest rivals in Hector when our heavyweight pinned theirs.
            We had the only track in the conference (Bird Island had a poor one with obstructions in the curves) and I think we were 5th out of 8 teams even with that advantage.

Thank goodness that we were better in my senior year. I never played on a team that had a winning season until I got to college.

Comment

Minnesota-Morris went 0-34 in conference play before they kicked themselves out of the NSIC.

Out of curiosity, here's what Wiki says about the longest NCAA streaks in football:

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Minnesota-Morris went 0-34 in conference play before they kicked themselves out of the NSIC.
                Odd but I remember when Morris was the power of the NIC, the forerunner of the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Out of curiosity, here's what Wiki says about the longest NCAA streaks in football:

Comment

It depends on how you define close, but they went 2-70 since beating Moorhead in 2013. They beat Minot twice in 2015 and 2018.

Unfortunately, they don't do a great job of sharing their historical records - but there is a curiosity. The War Eagles went 6-4 in 2000. I want to know what the program looked like before 2000, and between 2001-2003, but they don't share those records. From 2004-2019, they never won more than two games in one season, consistently winning only one.

It's always a bummer when a D2 program shuts down, but this one was probably for the best, clearly.

Comment

Shorter (GSC) came the closest to breaking the DII record set by Lock Haven -- they lost 48 straight with the streak ending in 2019 when they defeated NAIA Allen University.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X