Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massey Rankings NCAA DII Football

Massey Rankings NCAA DII Football

Massey ranks all 166 DII football teams. If you are unfamiliar with this site, you can click on "Key" above to assist with understanding what each of the columns represent. Click on "Games" and you will see all games scheduled to be played this week. This next one is interesting ... click on "Matchup" and you can enter the names of ANY two teams ... doesn't matter if it is a D1 vs a DII team and you will be presented with Massey's predicted score of the game. Always fun.

https://masseyratings.com/cf/ncaa-d2/ratings

WOW! 4 GSC teams in the top 10. 5 teams in the top 15.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
      WOW! 4 GSC teams in the top 10. 5 teams in the top 15.
      4 MIAA teams in the top 10; 6 in the top 15.....

Don't tell the NCAA..... They may want to put the GSC and MIAA in the same region!!! :)

Comment

Massey does seem to love the MIAA and the GSC. Makes me think that some part of their analytical formula takes into account past success.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
          Massey does seem to love the MIAA and the GSC. Makes me think that some part of their analytical formula takes into account past success.
          Doubtful, when was the last time UNK had a good year?

Comment

Originally posted by NW XCowboy View Post

4 MIAA teams in the top 10; 6 in the top 15.....

Don't tell the NCAA..... They may want to put the GSC and MIAA in the same region!!! :)
            LOL.....that would be wild!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Doubtful, when was the last time UNK had a good year?
              National Championships in the last 10 years. MIAA 4, GSC 3, LSC 1, RMAC 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

National Championships in the last 10 years. MIAA 4, GSC 3, LSC 1, RMAC 1.
                I'm well aware, thanks.

This response has nothing to do with UNK though. So you think just being in the conference makes them be ranked highly here? It does take into account success of individual teams in the past I'm guessing or they would have nothing to start from. I don't think it's a conference thing though, just the success teams in those conferences have had.

Comment

I'm well aware, thanks.

This response has nothing to do with UNK though. So you think just being in the conference makes them be ranked highly here? It does take into account success of individual teams in the past I'm guessing or they would have nothing to start from. I don't think it's a conference thing though, just the success teams in those conferences have had.
                  Yes, when you consider there are teams in Massey's top 20 from the MIAA and the GSC with 3-5 and 4-4 records, it seems logical.

Comment

I'm well aware, thanks.

Perhaps. But it's interesting that Lindenwood ended 2018 (their last year in the MIAA) with a 4-7 record and ended up at 25th. This year in the weaker GLVC, they are currently 6-2, yet sit at 28th. They've played 4 D2 teams with winning records (as of right now) and are 3-1. In 2018 they had a 2-4 record against teams with a winning record.
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Perhaps. But it's interesting that Lindenwood ended 2018 (their last year in the MIAA) with a 4-7 record and ended up at 25th. This year in the weaker GLVC, they are currently 6-2, yet sit at 28th. They've played 4 D2 teams with winning records (as of right now) and are 3-1. In 2018 they had a 2-4 record against teams with a winning record.
                      It makes sense, winning records aren't all equal. If those teams you're beating have wins against weaker teams of course it won't carry as much weight. There are also then dozens of other variables when trying to compare their 2018 record to now.

Comment

Massey places a higher weight on SOS and Opponent's SOS. So yeah teams in the MIAA tend to be weighted higher simply by playing a tougher schedule overall. CPI (who I tend to feel has a much better formula overall) does much of the same thing. It also incorporates the SOS of your opponent's opponents.

Comment

The only thing is the MIAA plays silo scheduling..so how can you measure the strength of your schedule/teams when you are only playing each other? Looking back at the past few years the MIAA about .500 in the playoffs (off the top of my head) and by no means dominating. NW last won the chip in 2016 and no MIAA team has gone deep since then. Massey must be using like 5-10 years worth of past data in some form to see the MIAA teams as top of the heap. (The Gulf South....I get that all day long....they've been in the chip each of the last 4 or 5 seasons..and won the last 2)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X