Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What year was that?
    Mike Riley's final year when CWU had to travel to WT. I think it was the first year CWU was back in the GNAC from the NCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
      Bottom line to me is why should a three loss team have a chance to play in the playoffs if they are not even one of the seven best in their region? Strong losses are still just that; a loss.

Was their a year in which the champion was not one of the best teams in the country?
      How is it known that a three loss team is not one of the seven best teams in the region? To say it is would simply be favoring one set of measurement and evaluation over another.

Comment

Comment

How is it known that a three loss team is not one of the seven best teams in the region? To say it is would simply be favoring one set of measurement and evaluation over another.
          I wasn't saying that they weren't in the top seven. I think if they are, it is obvious. How often is a three loss team one of the best seven?

Certainly there are a lot of factors. I think the committees get it pretty right (except for hosing CWU in 2010....) most years. What egregious misses can you think of from the past?

Comment

What year was that?
            2008. CWU was 10-0 in DII, the one loss was a last second FG that Montana used to win and eventually become runner up in FCS. CWU got the door prize of having to go to Canyon and play a first round game against WTAMU. The WTAMU QB, Keith Null, had some NFL time. And it is Mike Reilly....

Comment

Yes. But these are outliers.

Comment

How often is a three loss team one of the best seven?

What egregious misses can you think of from the past?
                I would have to do some research and it would time consuming because one would have to find both the three loss teams that made the playoffs and three loss teams that did not make the playoffs.

I was taking a theoretical approach.

Egregious is a qualifier that changes the discussion, in my opinion.

Comment

There were 2 3 loss teams in the semifinals in 2017, Harding and West Florida (who made it to the championship game).

Comment

I was taking a theoretical approach.
                    Live in reality, man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                      There were 2 3 loss teams in the semifinals in 2017, Harding and West Florida (who made it to the championship game).
                      Again, I didn't say that a three loss team didn't belong in the playoffs.

And the scenario you describe is an outlier. That doesn't mean every three loss team should make the playoffs.

Comment

Live in reality, man.....
                        That's no fun.

Comment

That's no fun.
                          I am the quintessential no fun guy...

Comment

Again, I didn't say that a three loss team didn't belong in the playoffs.

And the scenario you describe is an outlier. That doesn't mean every three loss team should make the playoffs.
                            That same season there were 2 other 3 loss GSC teams that got in and also won their first round games.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

That same season there were 2 other 3 loss GSC teams that got in and also won their first round games.
                              Again, I did not say that three loss teams should not be in the playoffs. How much more clear can I be?

The outlier is two three loss teams making the semis.

Comment

Again, I did not say that three loss teams should not be in the playoffs. How much more clear can I be?

The outlier is two three loss teams making the semis.
                                To go back to your original post, there is no way for us to know which 1,2 or 3 loss teams are in the top 7 until the playoff selections are revealed, and I don't believe even then that the selection committee reveals who the #8-10 teams were.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X