3. New Haven (8-1) [6]
    4. Notre Dame (9-1) [5]
    5. Bentley (8-1) [1]
    6. Slippery Rock (9-1) [7]
    7. California (8-1) [4]
    8. Shippensburg (8-2) [8]
    9. Charleston (7-2) [NR]
    10. Tiffin (7-2) [9]
    Ranked wins seem to be important in this region. With Central Washington's ranking floor having fallen down, it's possible they could fall below the 8-2 NSIC teams, but I expect Augustana to be at the top of that group and they have the same number of ranked wins as CWU. I don't think the numbers are close enough to justify keeping Northern State in ahead of Sioux Falls, despite the head-to-head.
    Last edited by Inkblot; 11-07-2021, 01:19 AM.

Matchups: https://i.imgur.com/Z28mGAa.png

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      SR3
      I think that is exactly what they are doing in SR3 to seed the GAC and MIAA. It's really all they can do to objectively compare them within the criteria. The Battle of the Ravine will be a huge game in terms of final ranking.
      Last edited by CatFan88; 11-07-2021, 06:51 AM.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Minn D is a huge shake up in SR3. I would love to see that!

Comment

Finally someone who knows how to rank SR2. LR is one of the hottest teams going right now and could make a good run in the playoffs.

Comment

Look at that stack of current 1-loss teams in SR1, and one of them is likely not making the playoffs via Earned Access.

Comment

Comment

At this point, Slippery Rock has exactly 1 win against teams with winning records. I don't see them grabbing the top spot in the region, even if they beat Kutztown.

Comment

Comment

While I tend to agree, I will also mention that Kutztown's defense may be the best in the region. And you remember our old teams at Shepherd that won with a defense first approach. So, I would still keep Kutztown in that group. Shepherd and Kutztown are both 4-1against teams with winning records. And East Stroudsburg is right at .500, so that could be another team. Of course, SRU beat ESU as well. Really, Shepherd and Kutztown have the strongest resumes at this point, but Kutztown has that head to head over Shepherd. So, it will be interesting. NDC also had a pretty solid resume, having a 4-1 record against teams with winning records. It's been a wacky season.
                    Last edited by Ram Tough; 11-07-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

SR1
                      1. Kutztown (9-1) [2]
                      2. Shepherd (9-1) [3]
                      3. New Haven (8-1) [6]
                      4. Notre Dame (9-1) [5]
                      5. Bentley (8-1) [1]
                      6. Slippery Rock (9-1) [7]
                      7. California (8-1) [4]
                      8. Shippensburg (8-2) [8]
                      9. Charleston (7-2) [NR]
                      10. Tiffin (7-2) [9]
                      1. Kutztown (9-1)
                      2. Shepherd (9-1)
                      3. Notre Dame (9-1)
                      4. New Haven (8-1)
                      5. Bentley (8-1)
                      6. Slippery Rock (9-1)
                      7. California (8-1)
                      8. Shippensburg (8-2)
                      9. Tiffin (7-2)
                      10. Findlay (7-3)

Agree it's a tossup on New Haven and Notre Dame at 3 and 4. D2 record and record against >=.500 favors Notre Dame.
                      Also agree that it's close among Tiffin, Stonehill and Charleston. And the winner of Tiffin-Findlay gets at least 9. In that light, they position Tiffin and Findlay at 9 and 10 this week like they did last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        1. Kutztown (9-1)
                        2. Shepherd (9-1)
                        3. Notre Dame (9-1)
                        4. New Haven (8-1)
                        5. Bentley (8-1)
                        6. Slippery Rock (9-1)
                        7. California (8-1)
                        8. Shippensburg (8-2)
                        9. Tiffin (7-2)
                        10. Findlay (7-3)

Agree it's a tossup on New Haven and Notre Dame at 3 and 4. D2 record and record against >=.500 favors Notre Dame.
                        Also agree that it's close among Tiffin, Stonehill and Charleston. And the winner of Tiffin-Findlay gets at least 9. In that light, they position Tiffin and Findlay at 9 and 10 this week like they did last week.
                        I have New Haven and Notre Dame both at 3-1 against teams with winning records. New Haven has a ranked win and Notre Dame doesn't, though it seems silly that Notre Dame's win over Frostburg State doesn't count.

Comment

So in SR3 if Southeastern were to win their last game and finish 9-2 with wins over Harding and Ouachita. What scenerio if any would it take for them to make it into the playoffs? I'm fairly new to this and this is the first season that they've maybe had a chance since my son has been playing there.

Comment

I have New Haven and Notre Dame both at 3-1 against teams with winning records. New Haven has a ranked win and Notre Dame doesn't, though it seems silly that Notre Dame's win over Frostburg State doesn't count.
                            I now see the subtle change from 2019 where it listed "results vs teams with a record of .500 or better" to 2021 where it states "results vs teams with a winning record".

What makes you think that Notre Dame's win over Frostburg doesn't count? They're record is shown as 9-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              Finally someone who knows how to rank SR2. LR is one of the hottest teams going right now and could make a good run in the playoffs.
                              Immediately thought of you when the new rankings from NCAA came out.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X