Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Fighting Muskies would have been even cooler.

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...a2546.amp.html
    That would have been awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I didn't get to see any Cougars games live in person, only on TV. My Dad wasn't a basketball fan, just football and baseball. Yep, Dr. J was something else. The original free throw line dunker! Monroe and Maravich were great too, that's for sure.

??????
      Hey, nice card!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Ironically, George Washington University is not the first name of the school - it changed names twice. Were people in 1873 angry about the name change? Possibly, but unlikely.

I just didn't realize how many GWU fans we had on a D2 football board. A small, largely athletically irrelevant school in a city where few posters live has quite the fanbase here.

I wish I had the time to be offended over the name change for a mascot for a team who's biggest athletic accomplishment was beating *checks notes* the University of New Mexico in 1993. How will we go on? lol
        First they came...

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

First they came...
          Just funny to me how many people care about something that literally has no effect on their lives. Must be nice to have that be such a problem.

Comment

Just funny to me how many people care about something that literally has no effect on their lives. Must be nice to have that be such a problem.
            Everyone everywhere has that problem. Most everything that people get bent out of shape about has no effect on their life. Including both side of this argument. People offended by the change. And people offended that the change offends people.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Everyone everywhere has that problem. Most everything that people get bent out of shape about has no effect on their life. Including both side of this argument. People offended by the change. And people offended that the change offends people.
              Then there's those who are offended that people are offended that the change offends people. So on and so forth.

I kid, kinda.

Comment

Then there's those who are offended that people are offended that the change offends people. So on and so forth.

I kid, kinda.
                Put me in the annoyed category rather than offended. But, at the end of the day, people can do them.

Comment

Put me in the annoyed category rather than offended. But, at the end of the day, people can do them.
                  Would like to be offered the same courtesy. It's a message board discussion, we're not solving world problems.

Comment

First they came...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X