Clear All

• A Great Day For The Sun Belt Conference

https://twitter.com/SunBelt/status/1568806472695283714

Comment

And Nebraska fires Scott Frost after yesterday's loss to the Sun Belt

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        And Nebraska fires Scott Frost after yesterday's loss to the Sun Belt
        Something they should have done after last season, if not before according to a lot of Huskers fans.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Something they should have done after last season, if not before according to a lot of Huskers fans.
          Yeah, probably

Comment

The Huskers will be irrelevant for years to come especially with Trev as their AD. From a reliable source, the Huskers are losing out on some exceptional talent from the KC area because they can't compete with others NIL money. That took me by surprise given their athletic budget.

Comment

When Nebraska was in the Big 12, they got a lot of players from Texas. When Nebraska moved to the Big 10, the Texas kids were no longer interested in Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                The Huskers will be irrelevant for years to come especially with Trev as their AD. From a reliable source, the Huskers are losing out on some exceptional talent from the KC area because they can't compete with others NIL money. That took me by surprise given their athletic budget.
                Interesting, was told they were one of the leaders in the NIL space

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Interesting, was told they were one of the leaders in the NIL space
                  Being a leader in the NIL space doesn't mean you have the resources. They may be competing well with Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Mizzou, but can they truly compete with the big boys like Ohio State (refuse to call them The Ohio State) Michigan, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and I'll even throw in Arkansas? This person said that Oklahoma was offering more than Nebraska to these kids. Going and playing in the SEC in the near future may be a draw as well.

Comment

According to Rivals, Nebraska is #3 in terms of NIL deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

According to Rivals, Nebraska is #3 in terms of NIL deals.
                      Maybe #3 in quantity but #1 in quality

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...eo-nil-is-good

Comment

Being a leader in the NIL space doesn't mean you have the resources. They may be competing well with Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Mizzou, but can they truly compete with the big boys like Ohio State (refuse to call them The Ohio State) Michigan, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and I'll even throw in Arkansas? This person said that Oklahoma was offering more than Nebraska to these kids. Going and playing in the SEC in the near future may be a draw as well.
                        Kind of all depends on the "booster infrastructure" (for lack of better terminology) a school has in place. I think Nebraska has and will do very well with NIL.

Comment

Counterpoint: https://saturdaytradition.com/nebras...ures-here/amp/

Comment

With Appalachian State, Marshall and Georgia Southern showing the way, our Bottom 10 teams have something to strive for.

Comment

I would not be shocked if the Sun Belt gives us this year's Group of Five rep to the New Years Six bowl games should BYU fail to run the table.

NIL A&M did their fanbase a favor by killing their season in September instead of deep into the SEC schedule. Remember when the college football world thought NIL A&M was going to overtake Tex U in Austin as the Lone Star State's powerhouse Power Five program? Fun times...
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X