Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't surprise me if Jamey Chadwell is a Power 5 coach next season. His career has been like a rocket ship after his first HC gig at NGU back in 2009. His last three seasons at Coastal Carolina were really good and right now he has Liberty undefeated and nationally ranked.

At one point I also thought Mike Houston would be on the fast track for Power 5, but his stint at ECU hasn't been the greatest so I'm not sure if he will be able to make the Power 5 jump anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      It wouldn't surprise me if Jamey Chadwell is a Power 5 coach next season. His career has been like a rocket ship after his first HC gig at NGU back in 2009. His last three seasons at Coastal Carolina were really good and right now he has Liberty undefeated and nationally ranked.

At one point I also thought Mike Houston would be on the fast track for Power 5, but his stint at ECU hasn't been the greatest so I'm not sure if he will be able to make the Power 5 jump anytime soon.
      Jamey Chadwell will most likely be hired next cycle unless he holds out for the right situation. I think Mike Houston went into a program where its tough to win at, he may have benefited from holding out for the right fit. Youre right, I cant see a power 5 program showing interest with his record at East Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Jamey Chadwell will most likely be hired next cycle unless he holds out for the right situation. I think Mike Houston went into a program where its tough to win at, he may have benefited from holding out for the right fit. Youre right, I cant see a power 5 program showing interest with his record at East Carolina.
        He's more than welcome to come back to Lenoir-Rhyne anytime!!!

Comment

Might want to add Kris McCullough at Texas-Permian Basin to the watch list. Went 9-3 at East Central in 2022 and is 9-1 this season at UTPB with a dominant offense. The only thing that might make some places hesitate on him is his age-he’s not even 30 yet!

Comment

I didn't realize that Liberty was paying him 4 million a year. With that money he is in a great position where he doesn't need to jump at the first open Power 5 spot. He can be very strategic with his decision making and wait for the perfect situation. I could see both the UVA and VT jobs opening up after next season if neither coach is able to show much progress. I think both of those jobs, especially VT, could be a good fit for Chadwell.

Comment

David Braun was named the full-time HC of Northwestern. While he never held an HC position in D2, he was a GA and position coach with his alma mater Winona State, whom he also played for.

Was the interim due to the Pat Fitzgerald situation, but lead the team to 4 more wins over the year prior thus far. Wasn't even the DC for a full calendar year and is already HC.

Comment

I'm basically a lurker here, but I'd like to throw the name Jim Clements into the ring as a coach with potential to move up (although as a fan, I selfishly hope he doesn't).

He's currently 50, so while he's not young, he's not old either.

He's coached at Kutztown for 9 seasons now and his overall record is 76-27 for a .738 winning percentage. He's 53-11 in PSAC East games which is an .828 winning percentage.

Against the other current premier PSAC programs, he has a decent record too, with the one blemish being WCU.

Top 3 PSAC West Programs:
                2-1 vs. IUP
                4-2 vs. Slippery Rock
                3-2 vs. Cal

PSAC East:
                3-2 vs. Shepherd (3-1 in PSAC East play)
                4-5 vs. WCU
                7-2 vs. Bloomsburg
                7-2 vs. Shippensburg
                9-0 vs. ESU
                9-0 vs. Lock Haven
                9-0 vs. Millersville

He's been a 4 time PSAC East Division Champion, a 2 time PSAC Champion (2 of the last 3 actually, 2021 and 2023), a 4 time PSAC East Coach of the Year, a 2 time DII SR1 Coach of the Year, and had four playoff appearances all coming in the last 5 seasons. In 2016 Kutztown started with a record of 0-3 before winning 7 straight games and earned a spot in the conference championship game. For the 2023 season, Kutztown started off 0-2 before winning 8 straight to earn a spot in the conference championship game, where they won fairly easily against then undefeated and #4 ranked SRU.

I fully understand that he's from SR1 and that certainly does diminish his record as the top level in this region isn't as good as the top level of the other 3 regions, but it's still an impressive coaching record. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been hired by a I-AA/FCS program yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  Bob Chesney at Holy Cross-He coached at Assumption from 2013-2017 and took them to the SR1 finals in 2017. He’s won two straight Patriot League titles at Holy Cross and they’re favored to do it again. They also went to FBS Buffalo this year and won.
                  It looks like Syracuse is interested in Bob Chesney, his name is among potential candidates. Would be a massive rise from DIII to power 5.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                    David Braun was named the full-time HC of Northwestern. While he never held an HC position in D2, he was a GA and position coach with his alma mater Winona State, whom he also played for.

Was the interim due to the Pat Fitzgerald situation, but lead the team to 4 more wins over the year prior thus far. Wasn't even the DC for a full calendar year and is already HC.
                    This was an impressive season for Braun under less than ideal circumstances. Good to see the NSIC guys move up.

Comment

It looks like Syracuse is interested in Bob Chesney, his name is among potential candidates. Would be a massive rise from DIII to power 5.
                      I think UConn should have given him a shot instead of Mora, but guessing very few coaches want in on that dumpster fire of a program.

Comment

I think UConn should have given him a shot instead of Mora, but guessing very few coaches want in on that dumpster fire of a program.
                        Agreed, a big part of the equation in the NE is having NE ties. Works well on the recruiting trails. They may give Mora a year or two and then let him go. Another program to keep an eye on his BC. I have a feeling Hafley maybe on a hot seat. I can see Chesney doing well in Chestnut Hill.

Comment

Bob Chesney at Holy Cross-He coached at Assumption from 2013-2017 and took them to the SR1 finals in 2017. He’s won two straight Patriot League titles at Holy Cross and they’re favored to do it again. They also went to FBS Buffalo this year and won.
                          It looks like Bob Chesney is the first to come out of this list as he will be taking over the James Madison program in the Sunbelt. Great call! I would bet his success at Assumption University and HC would transfer to JMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                            Brian Wright Pittsburg State is someone who could move up. He was the interim head coach at FAU for a few games in I think it was 2013 and the OC at Toledo for a few years before coming to Pitt and reviving a moribund program. His kid is at Pitt now, but with the transfer portal that probably doesn't matter much, although the kid had only smaller school offers coming out of high school. Wright interviewed with Montana State last year before his kid signed so he does have a bit of a wandering eye, although he also has history at MSU.
                            I see he moved onto Northern Arizona. Great call.

Comment

I see he moved onto Northern Arizona. Great call.
                              Blind squirrels get acorns. :) good memory on your part that i posted this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X