Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Bulldogs, just little ole #4 seeded West Florida again.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The athletic administrator from Lenoir–Rhyne (Monica Gordy Polizzi) is, in fact, married to the D2football.com SAC columnist (Justin Polizzi)...
    Justin Polizzi picked West Florida to beat Ferris State tonight on the D2football.com show, hahahaha. You can't make this stuff up. Monica really doesn't have his phone number.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
      Dear Ferris State,

You had an awesome season. You deserved to be the #1 seed with the last 4 teams standing. I saw you today, wow, you have a great team. Some people made a decision that we should play you next Saturday in the semifinals. Now I know what you are thinking. Since we got the #1 seed, shouldn't we be playing Shepherd (I'll give you time to google where the 3,000 student campus sits since nobody has any idea) or Colorado Higher Learning Program of School for Mines and Yours Tech Regional Development for the Trades College? Isn't that who we should be playing? No, no. They say little ole West Florida is actually the 4 seed and the team you'd have the best chance at beating as your reward for being the #1 seed.

Now don't get me wrong, I think you can. I damn well know you can to be honest. Also though, you might not. That's where this gets weird. You would beat Shepherd. You would beat CHLPSMYTRDTC (don't make me rewrite that long name of that school again). But, you may not beat us and we may not beat you. We play in a really good conference and when we play other conferences we are always surprised by how much, well, they are really really "less good".

So we won our really good conference again this year. Then in the playoffs we beat another really really good team from our conference by 11 points at their place. We played 2 other playoff games against other teams that were supposed to be good from other conferences. Uh, its was kind of awkward because they were way worse than everyone in our conference we had been playing that didn't make the playoffs. Much much easier to beat than the "bad teams" in our conference. It made us think, like, maybe we aren't the #4 seed of the final 4 teams left. The people who want us to play you don't watch games though and I'm not sure they have ever been on this site or any other site about football. So we are going to fly to Big Giant Huge Overwhelming Rapids and do this with you again. We should be playing this game in Mckinney, Texas. What a perfect nationally televised clash it would be for everyone to see the last 2 National Champions play each other on the biggest D2 stage. It won't be that way though. We will see you on ESPN+ and Shepherd and CHLPSMYTRDTC will play the JV game to see who goes to Texas because that is the best the "committee" could do.

Sorry we have to meet so soon, but this one is for it all. I imagine the winner looks pretty darn good in Texas. We remember you. You remember us. Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow. Just wish we were pre-gaming against each other in cowboy hats the way it should be.

With a lot of respect,

The University of West Florida

P.S. We will be wearing our road playoff all whites. They have magical powers and stuff. Don't worry about the history of them though. I'm sure as a little ole #4 seed we have no chance in them. This is very new territory for us. We are just happy to be here.Thank you to the committee for not making us the #5 seed out of the 4.
      Technically Ferris didn't win the regular season GLIAC championship.

Comment

Ferg is so under-rated on that show. I'm thinking about getting a shirt made with Ferg's face on it. I was hoping more would be discussed on the seeding, but there really wasn't any. I would have really been interested to hear if Brandon and the boys had to put their money on West Florida vs Shepherd or West Florida vs Mines who they would take.
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Technically Ferris didn't win the regular season GLIAC championship.
          I don't think I claimed they did. You know who did win their conference? West Florida, but it was just the weak Gulf South Conference that they won. The conference that has produced 2 of the last 3 National Champions and the conference that has played in 5 of the last 5.
          Last edited by West Florida; 12-04-2022, 09:53 PM.
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

"SR2 vs the world." -Ferg
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

If you go over to look at the Shepherd vs Mines discussion this is the stuff you see: I’m really excited. First, I’m surprised it isn’t West Florida and a cogent argument can be made for them to host. But still happy it shook out like it did.

Haha, yes, I bet you both are very excited. I would be too. Lesson to the committee, if teams are excited they don't have to play the 4 seed then that team is not the 4 seed!!!
              Yeah that was me and I am excited. About the game. I’d be just as excited if it were WF or Ferris. I stand by my statement that there is a cogent argument to be made that WF could host. But I think the committee made a reasonable and educated decision as it is. If Mines were traveling to WF I wouldn’t agree with it because I do think Mines is better but I wouldn’t be starting 4 threads whining about it either. I’d be putting my big boy pants on and recognizing the reasons they made that decision.

Comment

Florida doesn't play at the D2 level so it isn't obvious that you are talking about D2 football. Florida is a FBS school in Gainesville, Florida. They compete in the SEC. You said you hope Florida loses. I assume you are meaning vs Oregon State in the Vegas Bowl?
                You're really just trying too hard at this point, it's rather embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You're really just trying too hard at this point, it's rather embarrassing.
                  Well now my face is red.
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Yeah that was me and I am excited. About the game. I’d be just as excited if it were WF or Ferris. I stand by my statement that there is a cogent argument to be made that WF could host. But I think the committee made a reasonable and educated decision as it is. If Mines were traveling to WF I wouldn’t agree with it because I do think Mines is better but I wouldn’t be starting 4 threads whining about it either. I’d be putting my big boy pants on and recognizing the reasons they made that decision.
                    My big boy pants are locked and loaded. I recognize the reason clearly and the reason doesn't make any rational sense. It was not a rational or educated decision. You wouldn't be as excited to play West Florida or Ferris State because you would lose. You will beat Shepherd though.
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

The fact is that SR1 should not exist in it's current state. Teams should have to play someone to get to the semis.
                      Last edited by Predatory Primates; 12-05-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Onto Ferris State. It'll probably take a perfect game to beat them and some mistakes by them for the Argos to move on. Ferris State looks outstanding. I'm looking forward to watching the game and hoping we can keep it close and have a shot at the end.
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Onto Ferris State. It'll probably take a perfect game to beat them and some mistakes by them for the Argos to move on. Ferris State looks outstanding. I'm looking forward to watching the game and hoping we can keep it close and have a shot at the end.
                          Their defense is really good.

Comment

No coincidence Austin Reed entered the transfer portal today. All expectations are he signs back with West Florida by tomorrow. Have fun stopping us Ferris State now that we have our air attack back, baby! Reed is expected to suit up for the Argos on Saturday in Big Rapids!! Unreal move by Pete Shinnick to pull this move out of his back pocket.
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

This thread has me rolling! Y'all finally get to see what we deal with all season. Now I'm going back into my hole and licking my wounds some more after giving up another close game in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Reed retweeted this yesterday. I also see sources that say he entered the portal, but nothing from his Twitter account.

Edit: Saw on CBS Sports that Purdue is in on him.
                                Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 12-05-2022, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X