Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your in-person 2023 college football schedule

It's time for my annual thread asking everyone which games people planned to attend this upcoming season across all college football divisions, obviously including Division II.

Here's my personal, planned schedule (all times Eastern):

DEFINITE/LIKELY GAMES
    09/09 (Sat): Temple at Rutgers, 7:30 PM
    09/16 (Sat): Georgia Southern at Wisconsin, 12:00 PM
    10/28 (Sat): Lafayette at Georgetown, 12:30 PM

ONE (POSSIBLY TWO) OF THE FOLLOWING GAMES
    09/23 (Sat): Miami (FL) at Temple, time TBA
    10/07 (Sat): Texas-San Antonio at Temple, time TBA
    11/25 (Sat): Memphis at Temple, time TBA

Miami/Temple is the most likely game, especially if I visit family at Thanksgiving. (If I visit the weekend before Thanksgiving, Memphis/Temple becomes a stronger possibility.) The college basketball schedule for various teams I follow will probably dictate the weekend of the visit. UTSA/Temple is a possibility if the Orioles and/or Phillies DON'T host LDS games that day (Orioles good chance to host game, Phillies very slim chance to host game).

OTHER POSSIBLE GAMES
    11/04 (Sat): Navy at Temple, time TBA (strong possibility if game starts at 3:30/4 PM ET, shortly after Suns/76ers NBA game at 1 PM ends)
    11/04 (Sat): East Stroudsburg at Shepherd, 12:00 PM (unlikely, will probably attend Suns/76ers NBA game instead)
    11/18 (Sat): Lafayette at Lehigh, 12:00 PM (strong possibility if I visit the family this weekend rather than during Thanksgiving)
    11/18 (Sat): Villanova at Delaware, 1:00 PM (unlikely but possible if I don't visit the family this weekend)

In addition to games listed above, select D2 and/or DI-AA/FCS playoff games involving teams I follow that take place near the DC area (on 11/18, 11/25, or 12/9) are also possibilities.

Finally, I plan to attend two Philadelphia Eagles games NFL games for sure this fall (10/29 at Washington, 12/31 vs Arizona) and I could add a third game (12/17 at Seattle) depending on how the Eagles' and other various teams' seasons play themselves out.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I probably won't see Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, or IUP (barring seeing them at Shepherd in the playoffs) in person this season - their schedules just didn't work out for me. (East Stroudsburg/Shepherd was on the docket until the NBA announced the schedule last week, and I didn't want to see the Kutztown/Bloomsburg game in the same location for the second time in three years.)

All NWMSU games home and away except LU-I’ve got better things to do that day(“countin’ flowers on the wall…watchin’ Captain Kangaroo…”)😎
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 08-22-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I'll try to see All Pitt state home games and Pitt at Missouri Southern for sure.

Comment

This is what I have planned (weeks and dates probably don't match up since there's 4 divisions here). Wallet will probably tell me to stop after week 6, but this is what I currently have planned.

Week 1. Minnesota State @ Sioux Falls
        Week 2: UST @ South Dakota
        Week 3: Nothing Yet
        Week 4: SDSU vs. Drake @ Target Field (potentially)
        Week 5: Augustana @ USF
        Week 6: Michigan @ Minnesota
        Week 7: Western Oregon @ Minnesota State
        Week 8: Minnesota State @ Augustana or MSUM @ SMSU
        Week 9: SMSU @ Minnesota State
        Week 10: NDSU @ SDSU

Last edited by SW_Mustang; 08-24-2023, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I'll be at all the Pitt home games.
          Week 1 VS Washburn
          Week 4 VS Neb- Kearney
          Week 6 VS Emporia
          Week 9 VS University of Sioux Falls (Finally an Out of Conference opponent.)
          Week 11 VS UCM

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            This is what I have planned (weeks and dates probably don't match up since there's 4 divisions here). Wallet will probably tell me to stop after week 6, but this is what I currently have planned.

Week 1. Minnesota State @ Sioux Falls
            Week 2: UST @ South Dakota
            Week 3: Nothing Yet
            Week 4: SDSU vs. Drake @ Target Field (potentially)
            Week 5: Augustana @ USF
            Week 6: Michigan @ Minnesota Week 7: Western Oregon @ Minnesota State
            Week 8: Minnesota State @ Augustana or MSUM @ SMSU
            Week 9: SMSU @ Minnesota State
            Week 10: NDSU @ SDSU
            Nice mix of games across DI-A/FBS, DI-AA/FCS, and D2!

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

Nice mix of games across DI-A/FBS, DI-AA/FCS, and D2!
              Thanks! Living in Eastern SD with family in MN that I can stay with gives me a ton of options. One of these years I'd like to expand into NJCAA, NAIA, and D3 as well.

I like to see a full scope of the college game. There's really nothing else quite like it.

Comment

I live in San Diego and follow the Western New Mexico Mustangs. There aren't any D2 teams around here, so it's a road trip to Silver City for me. I hope to see WNMU host rival Eastern New Mexico on Nov. 11th (last game of the season). Silver City is over 600 miles each way, but it's worth the long drive. It's a cool little city and the WNMU folks are very nice. Go Mustangs!

And I plan on seeing my alma mater San Jose State host Utah State on Oct. 21 (homecoming game). That trip is an easy direct flight. Go Spartans!

If West Virginia makes a bowl game, I'll probably go to that. I usually do because I was raised in a Mountaineers family. I went to my first WVU game when I was 6 years old with my Dad (57 years ago) and have been a fan ever since. Let's Go Mountaineers!

And I'll probably go to a Redlands Bulldogs game (don't know which one yet). They're a D3 team not too far away and I try to make it to one of their games each season. Redlands is my wife's home town. I'll go to the game while she goes shopping with her sister at the outlet mall. Go Bulldogs!

I'd like to see a South Dakota State (my favorite FCS team) game too, but it might not happen this year. I've seen the Jackrabbits play in Brookings in the past and it was a lot of fun. Go Jacks!

And there's a JUCO team (Palomar College) in my county that I follow too. They're close by, so I always go to at least one of their games. Go Comets!
                ​​​​
                Last edited by crixus; 08-24-2023, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Week 1: Lincoln at Emporia State?
                  Week 2: SEMO at K-State
                  Week 3: Montana State at South Dakota State
                  Week 4: Central Oklahoma at ESU
                  Week 6: K-State at OKST? ESU at Pitt St? Both?
                  Week 7: Washburn at ESU
                  Week 9: UNK at ESU
                  Week 10: MOSO at ESU

Probably find a Saturday to get to Stillwater, maybe one more in Manhattan. Wish I could get to more FCS, but it isn't particularly accessible from Emporia, KS. Tend to do more D2 travel during basketball season, but might find a random football game.
                  Last edited by D2Rover; 08-24-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

Probably find a Saturday to get to Stillwater, maybe one more in Manhattan. Wish I could get to more FCS, but it isn't particularly accessible from Emporia, KS. Tend to do more D2 travel during basketball season, but might find a random football game.
                    For Week 1, I can send you pictures of a blank wall that you can Stare at for 3 hours instead of watching Lincoln get abused and hospitalized in the August heat.

Comment

For the first time since I was about 5 I think I will not be seeing any college games in person this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

For Week 1, I can send you pictures of a blank wall that you can Stare at for 3 hours instead of watching Lincoln get abused and hospitalized in the August heat.
                        I already have my own blank wall prepared actually, they look even better in person. Thanks for the offer.

Reality is I'd hate to skip a home opener, but I don't really think Lincoln is worth the price of admission no matter how entertaining ESU is going to be this year.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

I thought about seeing that MSU @ SDSU game too. The stadium is walking distance from my apartment, and while I'm not a fan by any means I try to get to a game a year.

Comment

You can look on the Mavs schedule and that will be mostly where I will be. Thursday at Sioux Falls, Saturday at D3 St John's hosting Trinity. Great place to watch a game.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              You can look on the Mavs schedule and that will be mostly where I will be. Thursday at Sioux Falls, Saturday at D3 St John's hosting Trinity. Great place to watch a game.

If I remember correctly you like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Have you gone to any of their games this season?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X