18. Virginia Union (2-0)
    19. Indianapolis (1-0)
    20. Davenport (2-0)
    21. Colorado State-Pueblo (1-1)
    22. Indiana (PA) (1-1)
    23. Assumption (2-0)
    24. Wingate (1-1)
    25. Saginaw Valley State (2-0)

#1 Ferris State and #4 West Florida both play FCS Top 25 teams this weekend. If both could win those games I think we have to be looking at #1 and #2 next week.

I wouldn't bet on that happening but that would be very good for D2 football.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
      #1 Ferris State and #4 West Florida both play FCS Top 25 teams this weekend. If both could win those games I think we have to be looking at #1 and #2 next week.

I wouldn't bet on that happening but that would be very good for D2 football.
      I don't think a win over FAMU would catapult UWF over Mines. But thats just my opinion. But you better believe I'll be rooting for any D2 over an FCS!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I don't think a win over FAMU would catapult UWF over Mines. But thats just my opinion. But you better believe I'll be rooting for any D2 over an FCS!
        I'm probably guilt of judging Mines from the one time I've seen them and that was last season against Ferris State. By schedule and comparing score/opponents I didn't think going into the final 4 that Mines deserved to be ranked higher than West Florida and that proved to be more true than I even knew once I saw Mines play. They were noncompetitive in that game against Ferris State and it was over at halftime 27-0 I believe. West Florida played Ferris State the week before and it was 17-17 at half and then Durden and a few others got hurt and that was disappointing. Maybe Mines took a giant leap this season but I do know last year West Florida was a lot better than Mines and it's a shame how off they were on their final 4 reseeding.

I don't think UWF will be Florida A&M but if they did I would be shocked if they didn't move to #2.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I'm probably guilt of judging Mines from the one time I've seen them and that was last season against Ferris State. By schedule and comparing score/opponents I didn't think going into the final 4 that Mines deserved to be ranked higher than West Florida and that proved to be more true than I even knew once I saw Mines play. They were noncompetitive in that game against Ferris State and it was over at halftime 27-0 I believe. West Florida played Ferris State the week before and it was 17-17 at half and then Durden and a few others got hurt and that was disappointing. Maybe Mines took a giant leap this season but I do know last year West Florida was a lot better than Mines and it's a shame how off they were on their final 4 reseeding.

I don't think UWF will be Florida A&M but if they did I would be shocked if they didn't move to #2.
          I get the frustration. I've been there. 2009 and 2019.

I could be wrong, and if I am I don't care haha. But I don't think they'd move to #2, at least they wouldn't personally for me, because I think beating Grand Valley and Angelo is more impressive than beating (again, what I deem) an okay FCS opponent. I know they are ranked but that's irrelevant to me. I think GV would beat FAMU by two scores.

Comment

Florida A&M was in a conference (MEAC) that had not won an FCS playoff game. That conference, along with the SWAC, gave up their auto bid in football in order to have the Celebration Bowl between those two conferences champions. With regards to football, those conferences might be on par with the stronger DII conferences. Montana regularly schedules a team from one of those conferences as an OOC opponent, pays them nicely, then beats them up. They are non-competitive at the FCS level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X