Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Coverage of Division II Semis

Does anybody know FOR SURE which ESPN channel is covering which semifinal game. I am more interested in seeing the Harding--Lenoir-Rhyne, as I don't really think Kutztown has much of a shot at staying with Colorado School of Mines.

It's on ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      It's on ESPN+
      So we have to pay to watch the semifinals too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

So we have to pay to watch the semifinals too.
        If you have ESPN on cable, then you login with your cable account to watch on ESPN+.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Probably be a stream of it too, if I remember on Saturday I'll look at the sites I use and share if anyone needs.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

If you have ESPN on cable, then you login with your cable account to watch on ESPN+.
            I don't think this is correct, at least with regard to what the poster "Tech Boys" was saying. You cannot get ESPN+ programming without having a subscription to ESPN+, which is separate than having a cable subscription that includes "regular" ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews).

ESPN+ is essentially an expanded, separate streaming subscription version of the now defunct ESPN3, which was included for free for any cable subscriber who received ESPN in their package. (From my point of view, ESPN is trying to get people to pay twice for content they previously paid for once by moving ESPN3 and some ESPN.com non-broadcast game content to ESPN+. I think that's BS, which is why I refuse to get ESPN+ out of principle.)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
              Does anybody know FOR SURE which ESPN channel is covering which semifinal game. I am more interested in seeing the Harding--Lenoir-Rhyne, as I don't really think Kutztown has much of a shot at staying with Colorado School of Mines.
              Hey BlueJay (Laird), good to see you on here. (Think the old philaphans.com message board if you don't remember who I am.) Hopefully Bloomsburg will get out of the doldrums soon.

To answer your question, as was already noted ESPN+ is broadcasting both D2 semifinal games. (Lenoir-Rhyne/Harding is at 12 PM ET, while Kutztown/Colorado School of Mines starts at 3:30 PM ET.) As you may already know (and as I stated in the post above this one), ESPN+ is a separate, paid streaming service managed by ESPN the company. If you already have an ESPN+ subscription, you can watch both D2 semifinal games there. If you don't, you'll need to purchase a separate subscription (I think it is $11/month) to access ESPN+ content, or if you have a general streaming service (say like Disney+), you may have ESPN+ included with it or are able to purchase ESPN+ as an add-on for a discount. If you don't have ESPN+ and don't want to purchase it, it is POSSIBLE some sports bars MAY have ESPN+, or at least some games broadcast on ESPN+, available for viewing, but that isn't a given and can vary from event to event.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I don't think this is correct, at least with regard to what the poster "Tech Boys" was saying. You cannot get ESPN+ programming without having a subscription to ESPN+, which is separate than having a cable subscription that includes "regular" ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews).

ESPN+ is essentially an expanded, separate streaming subscription version of the now defunct ESPN3, which was included for free for any cable subscriber who received ESPN in their package. (From my point of view, ESPN is trying to get people to pay twice for content they previously paid for once by moving ESPN3 and some ESPN.com non-broadcast game content to ESPN+. I think that's BS, which is why I refuse to get ESPN+ out of principle.)
                Oh yea, you're right. Well, either way, would have to pay for it no matter what. If it was on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, you'd have to pay for a cable subscription, or you gotta pay for ESPN+. Haha.

Really screwing over the few people who want to tune in to some niche sports.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X