Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 style playoffs - But it's FBS

So I do this most years just as a fun Hypothetical experiment. I broke the FBS conferences into super regions as best as I could, then I did the final regional rankings heading into championship week and accounted for a couple of big championship matchups here. Some of my numbers might not match what an actual NCAA selection committee would have available. Some seeding positions would possibly change through those differences but overall this would be the most likely playoff bracket.

As in real life, James Madison and Jacksonville State received bowl eligibility waivers this year so they were considered as playoff eligible for this hypothetical. Both ranked in the top 10 of their region but only James Madison had the high enough ranking to make the field. Another thing to consider is which region ultimately faced the other in the Semi Finals. Here it is 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4.
    Earned Access almost came into play this year
    Had New Mexico Sate beat Liberty, with the App State loss to Troy, NMST would have leap frogged into the playoff over App State Via both the metric numbers, and Earned Access. A similar issue occurred in SR4 where had UNLV beat Boise State they would have been a conference champ and would have gained earned access into the playoffs over K-State.
    Again, I am not claiming these to be exact or perfect by any stretch but it does look like an interesting field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4614.png
Views:	383
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	802973

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I thought it was just my phone but I finally remembered to load this thread on my desktop. The image you attached is so small I can't actually read who any of these teams are. Could you reupload it at full size, or at least list them out?

Comment

I love this type of stuff. Another thing I often do is list an FBS playoff field with an enlarged number of teams. Usually, I go 16, but sometimes I use 8 to see what the matchups would be or, 12, as will be the field in 2024, going forward.

Comment

Yeah not sure why it is uploading so tiny. Let's try this
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

well, it's a little blurry but at least it's readable if you click on it.

Comment

That's. Pretty close to the D2 bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
                well, it's a little blurry but at least it's readable if you click on it.
                This is pretty cool.
                My favorite part is how you made SR1 suck in this bracket too! :)

Comment

Needs more first round conference rematches.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X