Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Someone please explain to me how 9-3 Bemidji is 12 and 11-2 Augustana is 15 in the D2 poll. Both won their first round game- but head to head when to Augie. 20 MSU also beat Bemidji head to head but lost in the first round and was trending down at the end of the season so I understand that. Augie was outright NSIC champs.
    Bemidji actually won a playoff game against a non-NSIC team.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Someone please explain to me how 9-3 Bemidji is 12 and 11-2 Augustana is 15 in the D2 poll. Both won their first round game- but head to head when to Augie. 20 MSU also beat Bemidji head to head but lost in the first round and was trending down at the end of the season so I understand that. Augie was outright NSIC champs.
      I mentioned this to Brandon when I saw our poll results. It jumped off the page for me, personally. For those who've paid close attn to NSIC outcomes and season, it makes no sense. However, most of our voters in the poll aren't NSIC rubes like I am who vividly recall each result from the top teams in the conference..and for our voters nationally, their most recent memory is was seeing BSU winning a non-con at UTPB but then losing a tight game with CWU..while the last memory of Augie was getting blown out at Mines.

When most folks do their poll it takes maybe 20 minutes and they don't literally go through each result teams have encountered head to head and who was the conference champ, etc. That said, I personally had Augie ahead of BSU..but if there was one thing I wished our voters would've noticed..it was that. Overall, I will take our results over the AFCA..but that's more in the area among the top teams that we are different..with Ferris higher and LRU lower. I think we got that part right. The further you move down the line, the less consequential it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is an extremely trivial matter but holding the NCAA's cheapness in determining first round opponents against Augie seems lazy.

Comment

Polls are kind of fun. Thanks for doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

BURN!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

This is an extremely trivial matter but holding the NCAA's cheapness in determining first round opponents against Augie seems lazy.
              I don't know if that's the case. I'm trying to speculate as to the reason voters voted they way they did.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X