Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

I think it has to happen. Young men are ruining their chance to get a degree so that they can play a game somewhere that they can more PT. It’s crazy… eventually the pendulum will swing back and education will
    be front and center. True wealth comes from being able to retain money and execute a long term plan. Young men are too fast to jump and it’s hurting their future self.
    Education hasn't been front and center at the Elite D1s for at least 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

So sad. A. Foster spoke about his experience at UT when selecting a major. It’s despicable how athletics are consistently held over kids heads to drive them away from getting them a better life if football doesn’t work out.

Comment

Like I said, the have nots of FBS have a lot more votes and reasons to put a cap on the number of transfers that any team could have. Plenty of the Group of Five schools would be ok with that with nearly all of them at risk of losing their star underclassmen just for a chance at some playing time at a Elite school, and there's plenty of schools in the Power Five that are more academics that are usually not at the top of their conferences that know darn well that coaches from the Elite schools probably have a back channel communication going on with some of their guys as well.

Comment

I watched y’all’s games in the PO.. you seem like a 2017 Harding team. Opportunistic but lack depth to get it done against the top teams.

obviously you know more, gimme more depth!
          Coming into the 2023 season, I figured we were a year away. We'd be the team with an upset or two. I was (happily) incorrect. We're not a team that has a history or just reloading year after year. Made the D2 playoffs in 2002, then off a few years until 07, 08, 09's dream season; then off a few years until 2017, then waited until 2021, then again until 2023. Hopefully we can get more consistency in our playoff appearances. Long winded way of saying, hopefully 2024 is another deep run in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Like I said, the have nots of FBS have a lot more votes and reasons to put a cap on the number of transfers that any team could have. Plenty of the Group of Five schools would be ok with that with nearly all of them at risk of losing their star underclassmen just for a chance at some playing time at a Elite school, and there's plenty of schools in the Power Five that are more academics that are usually not at the top of their conferences that know darn well that coaches from the Elite schools probably have a back channel communication going on with some of their guys as well.
            Votes don't make those decisions. Dollars do.

Comment

Pitt brings back most of the D and the D staff. Offensive coaches are now in place aside from the ol coach (I've been told one was hired, but haven'tseen a name yet), but I don't know much about most of them. I'm cautiously optimistic, but haven't seen much news about offensive recruiting, so I'm kind of worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Coming into the 2023 season, I figured we were a year away. We'd be the team with an upset or two. I was (happily) incorrect. We're not a team that has a history or just reloading year after year. Made the D2 playoffs in 2002, then off a few years until 07, 08, 09's dream season; then off a few years until 2017, then waited until 2021, then again until 2023. Hopefully we can get more consistency in our playoff appearances. Long winded way of saying, hopefully 2024 is another deep run in the playoffs.
                What’s been the issue with consistency?

Comment

What’s been the issue with consistency?
                  Coaching change after 2018 (?), then we played one game during COVID season, and that was a 50 point loss to FCS Montana. So we basically went two seasons without any real game experience.

I just notice our recruiting is significant over the past few years. It’s showing now which means we find talent and can coach talent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Coaching change after 2018 (?), then we played one game during COVID season, and that was a 50 point loss to FCS Montana. So we basically went two seasons without any real game experience.

I just notice our recruiting is significant over the past few years. It’s showing now which means we find talent and can coach talent as well.
                    Arkansas kinda sucks for consistent D1 talent, which is why the razorbacks are so inconsistent I think. It’s hard to win with so little in state talent. That being said, the D2 or FCS talent is pretty freaking good. That being guys who just a little to short or a little to slow on the 40.

how’s Washington’s talent pool?

Comment

Arkansas kinda sucks for consistent D1 talent, which is why the razorbacks are so inconsistent I think. It’s hard to win with so little in state talent. That being said, the D2 or FCS talent is pretty freaking good. That being guys who just a little to short or a little to slow on the 40.

how’s Washington’s talent pool?
                      Pitt has not had a ton of luck retaining AR talent. Not sure why, though?

Comment

Pitt has not had a ton of luck retaining AR talent. Not sure why, though?
                        I had 3 HS teammates go to Pitt. All 3 were promised to not be red shirted and all 3 got redshirted. Pitt kinda has a bad rap for lying during the recruitment process.

Comment

I had 3 HS teammates go to Pitt. All 3 were promised to not be red shirted and all 3 got redshirted. Pitt kinda has a bad rap for lying during the recruitment process.
                          I know the old staff under Beck and Broyles before him had that rep.

Not sure why you would want to recruit guys who weren't willing to RS anyway. Cancer like that breeds more cancer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X