Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

So the D2 players are going to be smarter than the D1 Ivies? Do you realize that have unionized and are collective bargaining for compensation? How is that different from any other division?
    Wow, did I say that? You actually read a whole lot more into what I said than what I said. I'm not that smart, but I appreciate you thinking so.

Comment

To answer the OP's question. No, I do not think college sports are on life support.

Comment

hard to argue that
        There's a great documentary series that I think flew under the radar about money exhanging hands in the SEC. Soon as I saw it 7-8 years ago, I stopped believing in "amateurism."

I mean, I've been involved in sports memorabilia for the last 25-ish years so I should have known that way too... but still.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's a great documentary series that I think flew under the radar about money exhanging hands in the SEC. Soon as I saw it 7-8 years ago, I stopped believing in "amateurism."

I mean, I've been involved in sports memorabilia for the last 25-ish years so I should have known that way too... but still.
          If you happen to find a link I'd like to see that. There's no bigger college sports fan than me, but it does seem that things are spiraling out of control. Maybe we were lucky to have it this long.

Comment

If you happen to find a link I'd like to see that. There's no bigger college sports fan than me, but it does seem that things are spiraling out of control. Maybe we were lucky to have it this long.
            Here it is - it's a 5-parter I believe.

Foul Play: The draft night sabotage of Laremy Tunsil brings Ole Miss recruiting under suspicion (youtube.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X