Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alderson Broaddus to the Mountain East

Just announced by AB athletic department.

It is a sad day because the relationships were good in the G-MAC. But it is a sound and logical move for ABU as far as finances are concerned. We can now spend the large amount of money we spent on hotel/food/travel on athletic scholarships to get back to where we once were as an athletic department. A lot of 2 hour and less trips now.

I assume the next announcement will be NDC to the G-MAC.

Just read the release.....this goes in effect this upcoming school year. That explains why the athletic department did not release in schedules so far for the fall.

So ABU goes immediately into the MEC I assume to be the immediate replacement on the schedules to replace the closure of Urbana.

Comment

Press release:

https://gobattlers.com/news/2020/6/5...onference.aspx

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
          Journalists are also saying it was a unanimous vote by league presidents.
          This is nice to hear, whatever was in the past can be history and the common sense for geography and footprint helps all.

Comment

Comment

Congrats to AB. Actually if you are going to move quickly this is a good year to do it. The coming seasons look like they are going to be a scheduling nightmare anyway. My one question is, has any school had to wait 2 years before changing leagues lately? Seems like everyone who has that rule has just decided to ignore it.

Comment

With AB being allowed to leave so early, I feel something is in the works for the G-MAC....like real soon. No way he lets AB leave a scheduling gap so close to fall. Obviously NDC would be the choice, but something tells me that there is going to be a few additions to the G-MAC. Maybe I am reading the tea leaves wrong, but this is awfully quick for AB allowed to move.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                  With AB being allowed to leave so early, I feel something is in the works for the G-MAC....like real soon. No way he lets AB leave a scheduling gap so close to fall. Obviously NDC would be the choice, but something tells me that there is going to be a few additions to the G-MAC. Maybe I am reading the tea leaves wrong, but this is awfully quick for AB allowed to move.
                  I agree. I wonder if they have someone else ready to fill the void. Could be an even swap if NDC comes over immediately.

Comment

With AB gone from the GMAC starting THIS year and Ashland not coming on board until 2021, if I count correctly, the GMAC now stands at 7 football playing schools for 2020. Isn't that below the 8 team minimum required for a conference to sponsor football?

Comment

Congrats KWC football - you keep the Founders Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        With AB gone from the GMAC starting THIS year and Ashland not coming on board until 2021, if I count correctly, the GMAC now stands at 7 football playing schools for 2020. Isn't that below the 8 team minimum required for a conference to sponsor football?
                        GNAC
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          The GMAC has sponsored men's tennis since its founding, at one time there were only 2 teams. The minimum for an auto-bid is 6 teams.

Comment

It makes sense financially for AB to switch conferences, but I'm going to miss the GMAC. Best wishes to all the GMAC teams and their fans, I hope we'll keep playing each other in out of conference games in the future. https://twitter.com/i/status/1269479001170628608
                            Last edited by crixus; 06-09-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

GNAC
                              GNAC, the conference where they play each other twice each season in football. They're barely hanging on. I hope Humboldt State brings back football, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X