Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Having standards, like having morals, are easy when times are good. I'd personally rather be part of a conference that holds true to it's standards and loses than to be part of a conference that wins but sacrifises it's standards to do so.

But that's just me.

Originally posted by boatcapt
    "MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer."

So what is it? The MEC, according to you, does poach schools. I thought that they had all these morals and standards that you hold so dear?

Comment

Schools reaching out to conferences and conferences reaching out to schools is nothing new. It's not illegal, and it's no big deal to me personally. So the GMAC is down to 7 football schools from 8 last year, but you can't blame AB for wanted to join the MEC. It was a smart move that will save them a lot of money on travel. And as some of you know, Ashland is joining the GMAC in 2021. So that conference will be back to 8 football schools in just one year. Ebb and flow...
      Last edited by crixus; 07-17-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

"MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer."

So what is it? The MEC, according to you, does poach schools. I thought that they had all these morals and standards that you hold so dear?
        Ashland did reach out to the MEC as they have each year for the last 4 or 5 years. This year the talks became a little more ernest due to the Urbana situation.

Comment

Ashland did reach out to the MEC as they have each year for the last 4 or 5 years. This year the talks became a little more ernest due to the Urbana situation.
          But you said the MEC DOES NOT contact other schools.

Comment

But you said the MEC DOES NOT contact other schools.
            From my post:

"Ashland did reach out to the MEC as they have each year for the last 4 or 5 years."

Comment

From my post:

"Ashland did reach out to the MEC as they have each year for the last 4 or 5 years."

MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer.

So what was it? Stealth dug up an old quote of you saying that the MEC DID contact Ashland. Now you change your tune and say it was the other way around? That the holy MEC does not reach out to other schools to poach them?

You are caught in a lie, Man up. I used to value your opinion but I find it now to be nothing more than just lies.

Comment

MEC has contacted Ashland about them joining. Ashland said they were interested but not right now. MEC has had talks with AB but both agreed not to move forward for the coming year. They have also talked to Walsh and discussions are on going. MEC has also talked to Pikeville and Bluefield (VA) and both have expressed a degree of interest. Also one unnamed PSAC state school has reached out to them recently to see what the MEC had to offer.

So what was it? Stealth dug up an old quote of you saying that the MEC DID contact Ashland. Now you change your tune and say it was the other way around? That the holy MEC does not reach out to other schools to poach them?

You are caught in a lie, Man up. I used to value your opinion but I find it now to be nothing more than just lies.
                Not caught in a lie. You are pinning your hope on one typo. The phrase should have been, MEC has been contacted by Ahsland about them joining. Seems like you are trying to justify your conferences actions on one miss phrased post over the course of my 10+ years or so on this message board...Pretty weak if that is all you have to go on to justify your "Well they do it too so that makes it OK" argument.

Comment

I don't understand why Ashland would be an option for the MEC in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    I don't understand why Ashland would be an option for the MEC in the first place.
                    School in Ohio that was looking to move. MEC had four schools within 150 driving miles of it. Better football and basketball conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X