Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Valley out of the Conference

It looks like that Ohio Valley has announced that this will be their final year in the GMAC, and have not announced that they are moving to the MEC like AB did. What do you all think will be next step in conference membership changes? Where is OVU going? Does this make Notre Dame College move more likely? Does the GMAC go after Uindy or a NAIA school? Thoughts?

I am hoping for an addition of NDC and Uindy, with KWC and TNU realizing there are other conferences they fit better in. Then maybe an addition of Marian or Saint Francis Fort Wayne.

OVU Announcement Link

https://fightingscots.ovu.edu/news/2...embership.aspx

This from an interview of the OVU President in October 2019:

O’Neal said he believes the cost of athletics is one of several reasons OVU is struggling financially.

He has suspended at least four sports and slashed the athletic budget to the bone.

Comment

I wouldnt bring them in as a full member but I'd CONSIDER as an associate for a couple of sports. Also perhaps a "scheduling alliance" in a couple of others.

But again, the currwnt President seems to be anything BUT a friend to the athletic department.

Comment

i agree that it does not look good for OVU. that school was also on the small side for D2. if i am betting, i would see them going to D3 or getting rid of sports all together as the most likely scenairio

Comment

Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post
          i agree that it does not look good for OVU. that school was also on the small side for D2. if i am betting, i would see them going to D3 or getting rid of sports all together as the most likely scenairio
          I think there is a good chance they do away with athletics all together. The new president is on record saying that a large part of OVU's budget problem is being driven by the athletic budget. Not a good time to be a coach OR an athlete at OVU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X