X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWC Football

"32 cross buck on 3, break!"

Re: KWC Football

Keelan Cole just picked up his Third All American Honors. First in the G-MAC.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan should benefit from this. I heard for sure he is going to get a hard look from an NFL team. He should, an All Purpose All American can actually play in the NFL. He's got the numbers and the foot speed.

He obviously is a receiver. I'm not sure if he could be an NFL wide receiver, but he's got a shot.

Comment

Keelan Cole ranks around #41 at the WR position for the NFL draft. I believe there are four players from Louisville, WKU, and KWC in the top 60 WR recruits.

Comment

On a personal note in the off season, I am reminded of my first concussion. In a Junior High football game there was a 300 pound defensive lineman coming at me while I was playing quarterback. With little in game experience he scared the crap out of me and I threw the ball away instead of positioning myself for a called pass play to a right wing receiver downfield.

The next day in practice the coaching staff lined me up head to head with the roughest lineman on the team and he knocked me the hell out.

Wrestling seemed more feasible in high school because you wrestled in the same weight class as your opponent. The five mile pre practice runs went swell. However, in my Junior year a wrestler from Christian County dislocated my neck and I was out the rest of the season.

I never got penned in my Senior year until I wrestled the Indiana State Champion from Mater Dei in Evansville in an AAU tournament after the regular high school season was over. I would have placed in the regional in tennis as well until I got hit by a ball in my left eye, and I am going blind in that eye now due to that blood clot injury.

I should have played it safe and stuck to baseball in High School. It was the sport I was best in, but I wanted to be tough. Now, after several concussions I have brain damage and I'm partially losing my sight. Still, the lessons I learned from athletics keep coming back to me. Keep playing hard until the game is over. If you leave it on the court, the field, or the mat - you have at least done something.

Comment

Congrats to KWC's Keelan Cole. Very cool. I will be rooting for him to make it.

Comment

Keelan Cole signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 05-20-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Former KWC QB Dalton Oliver had his name in the draft as well. His stock went up after playing International Football in Paris, France last season. He will probably go back to France. There are worse places to live than Paris.
                Last edited by alumnifan; 05-02-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I looked up Keelan Cole's three year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. His three year contract is listed @ $1.665 Million.

He becomes a Restricted Free Agent in 2020.
                  Last edited by alumnifan; 05-20-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

2017 Schedule

Aug 31 @ Murray State
                    Sept 9 Livingstone College
                    Sept 16 @ Kentucky State
                    Sept 30 @ Hillsdale College
                    Oct 7 Walsh
                    Oct 14 @ Malone
                    Oct 21 @ Findlay
                    Oct 28 Lake Erie
                    Nov 4 @ Ohio Dominican
                    * Nov 11 Alderson Broaddus -
                    G-MAC Founders Cup

Comment

KWC signed 19 on National Signing Day

Most of them are from Kentucky, heavy with players from Louisville.

OL - 6
                      QB - 2
                      DB - 2
                      DE - 2
                      DT - 1
                      LB - 1
                      WR - 1
                      Punter - 1

@ www.kwcpanthers.com

Comment

The KWC Football team is expected to compete and win this season. They could, and they should. It's great that Keelan Cole is playing in the NFL.

I have no idea how Brent will do, or how much support the administration is giving him.

Comment

Panther Head Coach Brent Holsclaw will be welcoming the new and returning Football players to campus this Sunday.

A bunch of new players will be coming in. The team always looks great on the field. We'll see how the new quarterbacks and offensive line look at Murray State University at Racer Stadium. Every time MSU gets a TD a horse will run around the track. Year before last the horse looked like he could barely make the quarter mile. Keelan Cole could whip him in the 100 yard dash.

Comment

KWC alumnifan - How do you feel about KWC being picked to finished 7th out of 8 GMAC teams? What is your opinion of the Panthers having to play Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Hillsdale? We former GLIAC members know little about your program, except what we've been able to keep track of here on D2.com.

Comment

Last season's best KWC player was Keelan Cole who scored on a 97 yard TD pass against the New England Patriots. The Jaguars QB threw it from the end zone and Cole caught it at the forty yard line for a sixty yard TD run. That probably sealed a spot for him as a RFA for the Jags.

I don't know what to expect in the expanded G-MAC. KWC will compete in the G-MAC. I can see them being a little better than next to last, depending on how well the new players adjust. The KWC Football team will improve in the G-MAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X