Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWC Football

I am going to see them play at Murray State. I can tell you more after I see them play.

Comment

Out on a limb.... I think KWC has a WR that will put up receiving numbers much like Cole did last year. Much depends on our QB.

Comment

I liked the preseason interview with Coach Holsclaw. When you are in the fastest growing conference in D2, that helps your recruiting and attendance. I see the KWC team improving as the season progresses.

I don't think any individual player this season will be like Keelan Cole. John Clay from the Lexington Herald Leader wrote an article this week stating pretty much that Keelan should make it as the sixth WR for the Jags. If he doesn't make the rotation, I still see him on the practice squad.

If Keelan makes the rotation there will be plenty of high school players who will want to come to KWC as either a QB or WR.

Wesleyan has a pretty good QB and both lines up front have added a number of players. I don't think KWC will back down this season. It's not like they play bad teams on the D2 level. The G-MAC Football Conference will really help a team like KWC. I would rank them 6th. This season should see KWC start to really improve their program.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan College Athletics Facebook page has posted a new video preview of the 2017 Football Team. It's great! No kidding. The people working in the sports information department and social media are top notch this season.

If you want to see a mini D2 Football Preseason Documentary, you would like this one. It's not flashy, but it's very clean and it gives you different views of how they are practicing on the field, and clean views of the field and stadium.

The entire Athletic Department at KWC is upping it's game, especially from a G-MAC perspective as to how the conference wants their members to conform. The college has rebranded and financial support for the athletic department is going up.

Steele Stadium is a very nice small on campus stadium. It seats 3,000.

Go to Facebook and search Kentucky Wesleyan Athletics to view the season preview.

Comment

Who could ever believe that a kid could come to Kentucky Wesleyan as a walk-on Football Player, and end up on the 53 man roster for the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Keelan Cole's story should help Wesleyan's? football program in the future. They are favored to beat Livingstone. Livingstone is not real good.

Comment

I'm tent camping at LBL and was looking forward to following the KSU/KWC game. There is no live stream, no live stats, no radio and I have no idea what the score is. The only D2 Football teams in Kentucky and it's like they don't exist in Frankfort.

Comment

I thought the SIAC cared about football. Pretty pathetic. Sorry to all the KWC fans.

Comment

KSU-30 KWC-23. Found it on the KSU FB page.

Comment

I just saw the score. I was afraid of that exact scenario. Playing at Kentucky State is always difficult. Anyway.....

Comment

I have no idea if there is anything to this game or not. I have not read a word about it outside of ABjo's post.

Comment

I do sense that there are some tense emotions in the Athletic Department at present and I can see why.

Comment

The post game article is out. Wesleyan's offense is poor. Still, the sun will come out tomorrow and everything will be the same.

Comment

Keelan Cole is listed 4th out of 5 Wide Receivers on the Jags depth chart. He has had three receptions in their last two games for an 8.7 yard per reception average. That's not bad. I am sure as he gains experience, and gets more touches, he will hopefully add to his receptions and yardage.

His salary is around $500,000 this season. He could get traded after this season, but I doubt it. The Jags may really need him if one of the other Wide Receivers gets injured. I don't think he got a pass thrown to him in the first game

Comment

This KWC team lacks on defense. If they lose to Malone, they could wind up last place in the conference. Over 2,800 on hand for Homecoming. That's not a big crowd for some, but it's almost capacity at Steele stadium. Their uniforms look really good. Congrats to Walsh Football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X