Tiffin @ Oilers = Tffin
            NMU over Nwood

Comment

Findlay
              ODU
              Ashland
              LEC
              NMU
              Last edited by Foxxfooln; 11-11-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all for the participation. The last regular season game of the 2021 season will certainly be remembered as "that weird year!" We had the spring season and the fall season, and with the end of it all arriving this weekend, some teams will advance into the playoffs, obviously, but I smell upsets in the making. There are only two or three undefeated teams out of 167 teams in D2. I think it's still 167. Anyway, good luck to all with your picks and I'll attempt to post again following the ODU vs Hillsdale game. Speaking about this game, I'm not going to make any predictions, but Hillsdale's season has been described by one of the coaches as a "Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde kind of year." ODU might win the game, but I took Hillsdale to win because I'm a homer, and because I know this years team had lots of talent and have proven they can win on the road to good teams, and lose at home to not so good teams. ODU is a good team, but I'm unconvinced that the Panthers are a great team. Might have to eat my words, but I really don't think so. Just had to end this by throwing some crap into the mix. Anybody want to respond?

Comment

Tiffin @ Oilers - FU 24 Tiffin 23 - Toss up, home team wins.
                  ODU @ Hillsdale - Dale 28 ODU 27 - See above.
                  Ashland @ KWC - AU 31 KWC 17 - AU won't blow this 4th quarter lead.
                  Walsh @ LEC - LEC 34 Walsh 20 - Don't worry guys Northwood is coming
                  Northwood @ N.MichUniv. - NMU 31 Northwood 13 - Northwood says goodbye to the GLIAC

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                    Thanks to all for the participation. The last regular season game of the 2021 season will certainly be remembered as "that weird year!" We had the spring season and the fall season, and with the end of it all arriving this weekend, some teams will advance into the playoffs, obviously, but I smell upsets in the making. There are only two or three undefeated teams out of 167 teams in D2. I think it's still 167. Anyway, good luck to all with your picks and I'll attempt to post again following the ODU vs Hillsdale game. Speaking about this game, I'm not going to make any predictions, but Hillsdale's season has been described by one of the coaches as a "Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde kind of year." ODU might win the game, but I took Hillsdale to win because I'm a homer, and because I know this years team had lots of talent and have proven they can win on the road to good teams, and lose at home to not so good teams. ODU is a good team, but I'm unconvinced that the Panthers are a great team. Might have to eat my words, but I really don't think so. Just had to end this by throwing some crap into the mix. Anybody want to respond?
                    Hillsdale will always look back on this season and kick themselves for that Lake Erie game. The Chargers are a much better team and if they took care of business that week they are playing for a conference championship Saturday. I really like the young talent at Hillsdale and I believe they have many great years ahead.

Comment

Okay, we got started late with the "PICK "Ems." Nonetheless, here are the results, and perhaps next year we'll do this from the beginning of the season.
                      We all know who won and who lost in the GMAC on Saturday.
                      Oiler Fan - (2 weeks) 9-2
                      SuperOily - (2 weeks) 9-2
                      Hefty Lefty (2 weeks) 8-3
                      GLIACFAN (1 week) 3-2
                      GMACing98 - (1 week) 2-5
                      SVSUAlum (2 weeks) 10-1
                      DaleDude (2 weeks) 11-0
                      Good Luck to all the playoff teams. Anyone want to speculate on who will be the D2National Champion? I believe it might be Valdosta, Ferris, or Northwest MoState.

Comment

I think Valdosta wins it all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                          Okay, we got started late with the "PICK "Ems." Nonetheless, here are the results, and perhaps next year we'll do this from the beginning of the season.
                          We all know who won and who lost in the GMAC on Saturday.
                          Oiler Fan - (2 weeks) 9-2
                          SuperOily - (2 weeks) 9-2
                          Hefty Lefty (2 weeks) 8-3
                          GLIACFAN (1 week) 3-2
                          GMACing98 - (1 week) 2-5
                          SVSUAlum (2 weeks) 10-1
                          DaleDude (2 weeks) 11-0
                          Good Luck to all the playoff teams. Anyone want to speculate on who will be the D2National Champion? I believe it might be Valdosta, Ferris, or Northwest MoState.
                          Those are easy choices. How about the most unlikely underdog to take it all...SR2-#2 BOWIE STATE. And for all of the SR1 long-suffering supporters, the most likely SR1 team to break the jinx....SR1-#3 NDC !! Do not ask for logic, call it a hunch.

Comment

If at the beginning of the year you told Hillsdale fans "Hey, this year you're going to beat Ohio Dominican, Findlay, and Tiffin, and you won't win the conference", think about the reaction you'd get. Truly confusing year for them. The head-scratcher obviously is Lake Erie. I guess that's where the phrase comes "that's why they play the game". I think we've all wondered for a few years what is going to happen when one of the bottom-tier schools finally breaks through and beats one from the top-tier, and this was the first year (correct me if I'm wrong) that that really happened, and it ended up having massive implications. If Hillsdale wins that game, they're sitting at 7-4 and co-conference champs. That feels very different than 6-5.

Another good year in the G-MAC and, we're glad to have Ashland! While this year was a stinker by their standards, there's no doubt they'll be a contender for many years.

If I'm a Charger fan? I'm going on and bragging about my basketball team because, they're going to be hard to beat!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X