Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Results

Well it was a rough week 1 for the GMAC. There are a few results that at least showed some promise. I tried to catch as many games as I could. Findlay played a good Truman State team very tough and it was an evenly played game. Tiffin looked ready for a championship season with over 600 yards of offense and 79 points! Man that is one dynamic offense. Tiffin is so athletic, my pick to win the conference. Hillsdale has one of the slowest secondaries I have ever seen in DII. Coaches get out the 40 sheet and play some players that can run under a 4.7, slow and soft. Gave up 360 yards in the air and it could have been more. To bad as the Hillsdale offense looked good but it could be a long year at the Dale unless they find a secondary. Ashland didn’t have their best game but IUP is pretty good. Ashland only had 190 yards of total offense and gave up over 400. Look for this team to improve every week. Ohio Dominican played great I thought against a very good Norte Dame team. Stats for the game are almost dead even and game could have went either way. KW had a rough opener against West Florida. They only managed 160 yards of offense against a very good team. Hope we do better next week in non conference action as we need some of our top teams to win these close games against top teams from other conferences.

As a conference the GMAC had some tough matchups on opening day. Opponents like IUP, Notre Dame, Truman St, Indianapolis, and West Florida. Ouch. I actually think the conferences top teams showed out ok. Sure no wins but Ashland, Ohio D, and Findlay all could have won their games. Those teams along with Tiffin should be a fun year in the conference. Any of those 4 schools could win it. Kind of stinks to hear about Hillsdale. Exactly why I had them at #7 in my conference rankings. Defense was super slow last year, maybe they don’t test the 40 yard dash up there or don’t value speed. Lake Erie was a little disappointing as I did think they could get a W over a team that had 2 wins last season. Cheers to a better week coming up this week as I predict many wins for the GMAC on week 2!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X