Hillsdale @ Michigan Tech
    Lake Erie @ Northern Michigan
    Kentucky Wesleyan @ William Jewell
    Winston-Salem @ Ohio Dominican
    Tiffin @ St. Anselm
    Northwood @ Saginaw Valley
    Ferris State @ Ashland
    UVA Wise @ Thomas More
    Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 09-03-2023, 05:10 PM.

Findlay 45-10
    Walsh 21-20
    Michigan Tech 31-17
    Northern Michigan 24-20
    William Jewell 27-24
    Ohio Dominican 31-10
    Tiffin 38-17
    Saginaw Valley 45-10
    Ferris State 27-10
    UVA Wise 24-21

Comment

Findlay @ Pace
      Walsh @ Johnson C. Smith
      Hillsdale @ Michigan Tech
      Lake Erie @ Northern Michigan
      Kentucky Wesleyan @ William Jewell
      Winston-Salem @ Ohio Dominican
      Tiffin @ St. Anselm
      Northwood @ Saginaw Valley
      Ferris State @ Ashland
      UVA Wise @ Thomas More

Comment

Findlay @ Pace 45-10. Findlay should win there next 7 games easily and then the end of the season is tough! With the momentum they are about to get this could be a championship team.
        Walsh @ Johnson C. Smith 27-24. Come on Walsh!! Looking at the Walsh schedule they could go 5-0 before they hit any really good teams. I am not saying they go 5-0 but look at it, they could.
        Hillsdale @ Michigan Tech 38-24. Tech wins but Hillsdale needs this game or they are looking at a 1-5 start to the season and that’s assuming they beat Northwood. Defense needs to figure it out and quick as the schedule is tough.
        Lake Erie @ Northern Michigan 28-27. Game could probably go either way but the long bus ride is always a problem. Would love to see Lake Erie pulls this off but I think NMU has a party.
        Kentucky Wesleyan @ William Jewell 24-21. Last year this was a one score game and I want to believe in KW this year. This game should tell me what direction they will be heading the rest of the year.
        Winston-Salem @ Ohio Dominican 41-10. OD looked great last week and should roll this week. This team is in the championship mix.
        Tiffin @ St. Anselm 45-17. Love Tiffin. Athletes everywhere and FAST!! Here is a team built on speed (Hillsdale defense you hear that) and takes advantage of their athletes. Championship pick but all top 4 teams look good.
        Northwood @ Saginaw Valley 52-10. SVSU looks good and Northwood doesn’t. I know it’s kind of a rivalry game (Axe Bowl) but the staff at Northwood is gonna take some time to build their program.
        Ferris State @ Ashland 28-17. I think Ashland plays tough but come on Ferris is just at the next level right now. The GLIAC is ridiculously good. Even at 0-2 I think Ashland still could repeat as champions.
        UVA Wise @ Thomas More 27-24. Wishing good thoughts to our newcomers at Thomas More! Probably wishful thinking and wanting the league to do well I am rolling the dice with them.

The conference should do better this week as I am hoping for 6 or 7 wins. That would be a great weekend for the GMAC.

Comment

Findlay vs Pace
          Walsh vs Johnson C. Smith
          Hillsdale vsMichigan Tech
          Lake Erie vs Northern Michigan
          Kentucky Wesleyan vs William Jewell
          Winston-Salem vs Ohio Dominican
          Tiffin vs St. Anselm
          Northwood vs Saginaw Valley
          Ferris State vs Ashland
          UVA Wise vs Thomas More

Interesting discussions about the strengths and weaknesses of each GMAC team. Agree that Ferris is the big dog in D2, but despite a winning record, they don't have a winning reputation off the field and in other team's locker rooms. Tiffin may well be the top team in the conference, but they've only played one game. If they play like they did in the first game they'll be a tough out, no doubt. However, other teams will be up and ready for the Dragons. Findlay...well the Oilers have always fielded good teams and they'll be good again this year. Hillsdale's coaches are well aware of the need for speed, especially on D, and in the secondary. They are also aware that when recruiting a player grades and scores are considered before athletic ability. Grade requirements are above 3.7, and test scores are nearly off the charts! Most of Hillsdale's students qualify for the Ivy League. In fact, Head Coach Keith Otterbein has publicly stated that the Ivy League and the service academies are Hillsdale's biggest opponents to recruiting. A high school senior might be a five-star recruit who would rather attend Hillsdale, but cannot because that super star can't meet the academic requirements. Otterbein and his assistants work long, hard hours to field a competitive team, and don't complain about the high academic requirements. We all like to win the big games, but the biggest games begin after graduation. Hillsdale knows that. The Chargers are, however, never to be taken lightly as Ashland discovered last season. Even Grand Valley, in the past, has been stung by being upset by Hillsdale. Doubt if that would happen this year, if the two teams played each other and they don't, and won't. In the not too far off future, Hillsdale will have a new football stadium and that might well be a big recruiting asset. As we post today, Hillsdale is currently building a first-class baseball stadium, soccer stadium, and Olympic grade track and field facility. A few years ago, the sports complex was completely redesigned and included an outstanding basketball/volleyball arena. It wouldn't surprise me if Hillsdale builds a football stadium to at least equal what many consider to be the best D2 stadium in the country...West Texas A&M. Good luck GMAC, and GO CHARGERS!

Comment

Findlay
            JCSU
            Michigan Tech
            Northern Michigan
            William Jewell
            ODU
            Tiffin
            SVSU
            Ferris State
            Thomas More

Comment