Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Recap

Well we are over halfway done with the season and Tiffin now stands alone. This conference is crazy and that’s why I like following it. I thought I had the conference race figured out and then Northwood slaps me right in the face. Title hopes remain alive for 4 teams and the remaining 6 teams are hoping to finish the season on a positive note.
    Ohio Dominican 41 Lake Erie 17. The Storm was in this game all the way until the 4th quarter and things went downhill fast. Lake Erie was winning at halftime and was only trailing by 4 at the start of the 4th. The Panther defense has really been solid all year and they were again holding Lake Erie to under 20 yards rushing. OD’s offense started very slow again but the 4th quarter explosion is something they can build on. The Panthers will be in every game with that defense. Lake Erie has a very hard schedule remaining with maybe only one chance for a league win in a few weeks at Hillsdale.
    Ashland 21 Walsh 7. I thought Ashland’s offense might have started to figure things out but after struggling against an average, at best, Walsh defense I think they are still in trouble. This game was 13-7 entering the 4th quarter and seemed like a game the Eagles were just going through the motions. The defense was again very good for Ashland but to challenge for a championship they will need to improve a struggling offense. I am also interested to see where Walsh finishes the season. They have a few winnable games left and could end with a very respectable season.
    Thomas More 36 Kentucky Wesleyan 28. Personally I think KW let this game get away. They led this game 28-16 in the 3rd quarter and seemed to get conservative on offense when they had the Saints on their heels. TM is a never die type team and stuck around and then took advantage of their opportunity. This wasn’t the best defensive performance by the Saints but they locked down in the 4th and scored the game securing TD on a fumble return. TM now has a huge game with Findlay this week to see who stays in conference contention. KW also has a big week as the play at Hillsdale and a win there will set them up for a very nice conference finish.
    Northwood 33 Findlay 30. What!?! Never saw this coming as Northwood coming off of an ugly loss at Hillsdale and Findlay was building towards a conference championship. Well I now know that Northwood plays inspired football when at home. In a game with little defense both offenses put up over 400 yards of offense and the final 2 minutes of this game was worth watching. I was watching the game and almost turned it off when Findlay held Northwood deep in Findlay territory with around a minute to go. Findlay does nothing with the ball and the Wood spends its timeouts and gets the ball back. With good field position Northwood marches down the field and scores with around 15 seconds left to win or do they? Findlay actually gets within long FG range but it’s no good and we have the upset of the year! Findlay needs to regroup quick as they have a big game this weekend against Thomas More for 2nd place.
    Tiffin 35 Hillsdale 21. The Tiffin defense had their hands full as Hillsdale has the best RB in the GMAC and he was working the Dragons defense over. While the RB had a big game that was about it for Hillsdale as the Tiffin defense was able to force 5 turnovers and 5 sacks on the day. I still like the new look Charger offense and I’m starting to think Hillsdale could have a top 3 offense as I do love the offensive coordinator calls. Defense is where the nightmare begins for the Chargers. Tiffin scored 28 first half points and seemed in cruise control in the 2nd half. Tiffin didn’t seem to be as explosive but still managed almost 450 yards. Again the Hillsdale backend was terrible. I am not sure if it’s the scheme by the defensive coordinator or what but they played 5 safeties in the 1st quarter and still rotating corners. Searching? If so keep searching as the dline and LBs played very well holding Tiffin’s run game in check. Tiffin continues to steam roll along and Hillsdale needs a victory this weekend against KW or this season could slide out of control.

Findlay made too many costly mistakes against Northwood to win that game. That, combined with awful short-yardage play calling, was the difference.

Comment

I think the Hillsdale game was good for Tiffin. It's fair to say Tiffin didn't play their best ball on both sides. Offense struggled a bit through the air, the secondary had some confusing moments. If there's only 1 true thing about Hillsdale, its their running back. Dude is legit. Runs hard, has great vision, and plays with a certain aggression that he uses to his advantage. Very fun kid to watch, other than that hillsdale didn't have much potential in my opinion, just capitalized on mistakes the dragons made. I was very surprised to see how many penalties Hillsdale pulled in for being a known disciplined football team. Hurt them a lot and if fixed, would've made it a much closer game.

Comment

Hard to stay motivated for every game and Tiffin’s 2 worse games this year has been against 2 bad teams luckily. Looking forward to seeing if they finish the year off undefeated. Go Dragons!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X