Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK TEN GAMES

Hillsdale(4-3, 4-5) @ Walsh(1-6,3-6)
    Tiffin(7-0, 9-0) @ Ohio Dominican(3-4, 4-5)
    Thomas More(3-4, 4-5) @ Northwood(3-4, 3-6)
    Findlay(6-1. 7-2) @ Ashland(6-1, 6-3)
    Kentucky Wesleyan(2-5,3-6) @ Lake Erie(0-7, 1-8)

Hillsdale(4-3, 4-5) @ Walsh(1-6,3-6) 38-21. Hillsdale might score even more and if they let Herzog play more than a quarter this week he will probably go over 200 yards. At this point he is the Player of the Year in the conference. Walsh I will give you the same scouting report I gave Lake Erie. On the Chargers 3rd defensive possession they put in 2 new safeties, corner, and even a few LBs. 9 weeks in a row they show this tendency. Take advantage of this and throw the ball deep. Corners, posts, go routes, anything besides run on this possession. This is high school scouting GMAC coaches, take advantage of the matchups instead of just throwing a dart at a play sheet. Hillsdale dominates and is rolling along to a nice finish.
    Tiffin(7-0, 9-0) @ Ohio Dominican(3-4, 4-5) 24-21. Here is the trap game. The week before the big Findlay showdown the Dragons have to play a very good defensive team in OD. I know the Panthers offense probably won’t be able to score a point against Tiffin but if they can get a few turnovers and play with a short field this could turn scary for Tiffin. Now I wouldn’t be shocked if the Dragons blow this open and win by 40 either as they have the team capable of doing it. I think Tiffin survives a scare and goes into the last week 10-0.
    Thomas More(3-4, 4-5) @ Northwood(3-4, 3-6) 27-13. Northwood won last week which usually means they play terrible the next week. Game has huge meaning for both teams as the winner is probably looking at a 5th place finish in the league and both teams would probably take that season. TM has played competitively against the top teams in the conference and Northwood has a win against Findlay so a real toss up type game. The Saints need a win to get back feeling good about themselves as it has been a rough few weeks playing the top end of the conference.
    Findlay(6-1. 7-2) @ Ashland(6-1, 6-3) 20-17. I think these 2 teams are about as even as it gets. I have Ashland having a little better defense and Findlay having a little better offense. With the Eagles being at home is the difference maker in such a close contest. The Oilers have so much at stake as their conference title and playoff hopes are on the line. The Eagles also still have dreams of a conference title so this late in the season we are in for a classic fall football game. Ashland wins on a late score.
    Kentucky Wesleyan(2-5,3-6) @ Lake Erie(0-7, 1-8) 41-24. In probably the worse effort and I don’t want to play type games last week against Hillsdale the Storm is flirting with the worse team in DII football right now. Hillsdale could have scored a 100 on them last week as their starters only played 1 quarter! Lake Erie has to do some soul searching in the off season and decide if a team full of Florida players is the best recruiting idea for a school sitting on Lake Erie in the fall. The AD at Lake Erie needs to make dramatic changes if they even want to continue with a football program. Coach has only been there a few years but the program is terrible even for Lake Erie standards.

Comment

after seeing how Hillsdale played down against Tiffin I feel confident that Walsh can take advantage of their backfield and defensive play calling to give Hillsdale a run for their money. We could lose this one, but Hillsdale may be getting too complacent with their hot streak.
      This may come as a surprise, but it seems pretty evident to insiders that Tiffin is undergoing a lot of internal turmoil as they feel unprepared to meet high expectations as they make the DII playoffs. I can only hope they sort it out before they represent the gmac on a larger stage.

Comment

Originally posted by WalshWarrior8700 View Post
        This may come as a surprise, but it seems pretty evident to insiders that Tiffin is undergoing a lot of internal turmoil as they feel unprepared to meet high expectations as they make the DII playoffs. I can only hope they sort it out before they represent the gmac on a larger stage.

My man, listen to me here. Giving skip bayless takes will not get you more clicks. You treat this forum like a click-bait twitter account. Nobody cares that you have personal turmoil with the Dragons. I get your hurt, your team sucks with cool jerseys. Thats like having an ugly girlfriend with nice honkers, everyone looks but nobody really cares. Hillsdale is about to do yall inside and out. Herzog might rush for 300 alone. I hope Mr. cool jet #11momma got new cleats for him after the beating he took over the weekend. The best chance you have is Jetty boy running cause we all know he can't throw. Keep that base small and square your shoulders, this ain't Highschool ball anymore. And give that man a sandwich! Walsh must have an absolute horrid lunch room

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
            I am a little shocked at your Ashland pick? You are always a very good picker on here so just curious on your insight here. I am still 50/50 on this game. Gonna be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by GMACFB View Post

I am a little shocked at your Ashland pick? You are always a very good picker on here so just curious on your insight here. I am still 50/50 on this game. Gonna be a great game.
              It's a toss up so I went with the home team. Also, I think Ashland has played a tougher schedule. Finally, rumor has it that Ashland just plain doesn't like the Oilers very much.

Comment

I have read these boards ever since my son joined the league a few years ago and never felt the need to comment until now. Part of the fun of any message board is talking smack to fan bases across the league! I enjoy reading and following along all of the great predictions each week and watching how things turn out as much as anyone. BUT unless there is parity, one voice can be perceived as the voice of a program unless someone intervenes. IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM does DragonBreath represent the TU fanbase or players as a whole.

We are humble (learned this just last year), we are realistic, and we are proud! I felt the need to speak up after reading some of the unwarranted attacks on the young Dragons as a response to some of the wild posts from Dragonbreath. I watch these young men work their tails off every single day to fight for the opportunity to win a college football game, and to imply that the program is full of uneducated, undisciplined, uninspired young men is reckless.

Yes Hillsdale gave us a run for our money. As they do every year. But I loved watching the boys pray together after the game hug and move on. Northwood was a really improved team that also came within a few plays of winning the ball game. Ashland looks to be having a down year and Walsh looks to be as good as they have been since they were NAIA.

The next two weeks could be the most important two weeks in Tiffin Football history. But they are getting ready to also face the two biggest challenges of the 2023 season, in ODU & FU. There is no I get it picking against the Dragons every week is a shot at Dragonbreath but some of the most recent weeks picks are beginning to jeopardize integrity. I could see the next two weeks going either way.

To say that the Dragons are having internal turmoil is again another reckless statement (and probably the one that ticks me off the most). Saying that the reasoning is "they feel unprepared to meet high expectations as they make the DII playoffs" is wild (especially coming from the Walsh fanbase in all honesty) I dont think you are qualified to talk about the mentality of any program in the playoffs.

Regardless. Cheers to another great year in the league and I wish much health to any family or friends you have playing the next two weeks. Go Gons.

Comment

This board has become better than the GLIAC board for entertainment. Please everyone don’t take things to personal on here as the banter is really meant to be friendly rivalries. I don’t see anything wrong with fan bases getting after each other and calling out each others schools. It’s all good. Heck come check out the GLIAC board and look at GVSU and Ferris fans go at it. It’s great, love the passion and it’s some good laugh out loud reading for me. Great job guys keep up the posts!

Hillsdale(4-3, 4-5) @ Walsh(1-6,3-6) 52-23
                  Tiffin(7-0, 9-0) @ Ohio Dominican(3-4, 4-5) 38-3
                  Thomas More(3-4, 4-5) @ Northwood(3-4, 3-6) 27-24
                  Findlay(6-1. 7-2) @ Ashland(6-1, 6-3) 17-13
                  Kentucky Wesleyan(2-5,3-6) @ Lake Erie(0-7, 1-8) 38-17

Comment

Hillsdale
                    Tiffin
                    Northwood
                    Findlay
                    Kentucky Wesleyan

Comment

Originally posted by GonDad View Post
                      I have read these boards ever since my son joined the league a few years ago and never felt the need to comment until now. Part of the fun of any message board is talking smack to fan bases across the league! I enjoy reading and following along all of the great predictions each week and watching how things turn out as much as anyone. BUT unless there is parity, one voice can be perceived as the voice of a program unless someone intervenes. IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM does DragonBreath represent the TU fanbase or players as a whole.

We are humble (learned this just last year), we are realistic, and we are proud! I felt the need to speak up after reading some of the unwarranted attacks on the young Dragons as a response to some of the wild posts from Dragonbreath. I watch these young men work their tails off every single day to fight for the opportunity to win a college football game, and to imply that the program is full of uneducated, undisciplined, uninspired young men is reckless.

Yes Hillsdale gave us a run for our money. As they do every year. But I loved watching the boys pray together after the game hug and move on. Northwood was a really improved team that also came within a few plays of winning the ball game. Ashland looks to be having a down year and Walsh looks to be as good as they have been since they were NAIA.

The next two weeks could be the most important two weeks in Tiffin Football history. But they are getting ready to also face the two biggest challenges of the 2023 season, in ODU & FU. There is no I get it picking against the Dragons every week is a shot at Dragonbreath but some of the most recent weeks picks are beginning to jeopardize integrity. I could see the next two weeks going either way.

To say that the Dragons are having internal turmoil is again another reckless statement (and probably the one that ticks me off the most). Saying that the reasoning is "they feel unprepared to meet high expectations as they make the DII playoffs" is wild (especially coming from the Walsh fanbase in all honesty) I dont think you are qualified to talk about the mentality of any program in the playoffs.

Regardless. Cheers to another great year in the league and I wish much health to any family or friends you have playing the next two weeks. Go Gons.
                      Go Gons!

Comment

Originally posted by SVSUAlum View Post
                        This board has become better than the GLIAC board for entertainment. Please everyone don’t take things to personal on here as the banter is really meant to be friendly rivalries. I don’t see anything wrong with fan bases getting after each other and calling out each others schools. It’s all good. Heck come check out the GLIAC board and look at GVSU and Ferris fans go at it. It’s great, love the passion and it’s some good laugh out loud reading for me. Great job guys keep up the posts!

Hillsdale(4-3, 4-5) @ Walsh(1-6,3-6) 52-23
                        Tiffin(7-0, 9-0) @ Ohio Dominican(3-4, 4-5) 38-3
                        Thomas More(3-4, 4-5) @ Northwood(3-4, 3-6) 27-24
                        Findlay(6-1. 7-2) @ Ashland(6-1, 6-3) 17-13
                        Kentucky Wesleyan(2-5,3-6) @ Lake Erie(0-7, 1-8) 38-17
                        Couldn't have worded it better, just pure banter and fun. But Panther nation.. yall r on deck son, you better come scappy cause the Gons are coming with an army to Columbus

Comment

I have watched a lot of GMAC football this year and all I can tell you is pick your poison when playing the Dragons! They can get you with the run and if you want to stop that they can get you with the pass. Then you throw the defense out there and they always figure out a way to get a stop. The scariest thing is when you look at this team they pretty much have everyone coming back next year on both sides of the ball! Yes they will need to replace a QB and a good one, but I am pretty sure if they don't fill it from within the organization they will find a diamond in the rough somewhere who wants to come and throw the the plethora of receivers on the roster. They have receivers all over the place that probably would all be gamechangers for any other D2 program, size and speed everywhere. AND yes they have played the whole season without one of the top slot guys in the nation and he can come back also. 4 top notch running backs who can get you with speed or power depending on who they feel like playing in that series. Look for big things the rest of this year and next year for this team.

If they go into this week not thinking ahead to Findlay it should be a win... Throw the records out the window next week because that game is just going to be a battle! Tiffin is the better team but Findlay will give them all they want but in the end I think Tiffin prevails and then makes a solid run in the playoffs!

Comment

I know this is an odd pick but I believe Tiffin is looking forward at the conference championship next week versus Findlay which Findlay will win that game. That being said ODU had a great defense which will stall the Dragons offense and probably score a few points itself. Findlay will win the conference again, and tiffin will go to the Crossroads bowl game to lose to Truman again. Tiffin the last few years has controlled their destiny. (Besides last year Ashland dominated conference play). Tiffin has failed to win critical end of year games every year and this year won’t be any different.
                            Last edited by GMACexpert; 10-31-2023, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I hope you are not putting any money down on your predictions here... If so I would love to have some of that action. LOL I think Ashland and Findlay will be a knock down drag out fight this weekend and I also think Tiffin will be a winner by 20+. As I said before, next week will be a battle as these two programs don't have a real liking for each other. You are correct in that Tiffin controlled their own destiny the last 2 years and came up short, but this year is different. This team is loaded everywhere and if they play their game they should win. Something has got to give.. Tiffin's rushing attack is tops in the league while Findlay's rush defense is also tops in the league.. Tiffin's pass offense is tops in the league while Findlay's pass defense is 2nd to Tiffin's. So Findlay is going to have to pick their poison.. which one do you want to stop, we will see if they can stop both. I predict a Tiffin win close.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X