Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Game Thread

I apologize for not making a Game Thread last week. Anyways...

Away Team Home Team Score Time
    Fairmont St. Shepherd 38-17 FINAL
    Findlay Charleston 35-24 FINAL
    West Liberty Glenville St. 23-33 FINAL
    Concord WV State 24-52 FINAL
    WV Wesleyan UVA-Wise 14-35 FINAL
    Urbana Notre Dame 14-45 FINAL
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 10-13-2018, 03:02 PM.

Re: Week 6 Game Thread

Findlay goes on the road and beats UC by double-diigits.

I like how West Liberty fans, and other MEC fans, rag on AB. Yet I see West Liberty lost by 10 points to a Glenville team today that we demolished on the road 45-17.

Comment

Not ragging on AB the team...ragging on AB the school and it's athletic leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
        Findlay goes on the road and beats UC by double-diigits.

I like how West Liberty fans, and other MEC fans, rag on AB. Yet I see West Liberty lost by 10 points to a Glenville team today that we demolished on the road 45-17.
        :good:

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          Not ragging on AB the team...ragging on AB the school and it's athletic leadership.
          US News and World Reports latest rankings of schools in WV as it pertains to Regional Colleges in the South:

Alderson Broaddus #30
          West Liberty #37
          Wheeling Jesuit #38
          Marshall #42
          Ohio Valley #43
          Glenville #52
          Bluefield St #58
          WV Wesleyan #58
          Charleston #91

Comment

Bluefield State and Ohio Valley listed and Concord and Shepherd not? I certainly wouldn't put any faith in this rankings.

Comment

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/wv?school-name=

You do realize that U.S. News and World Report is ranking them based on academic rankings. Ohio Valley has always had a good academic ranking. Just because you aren't in the MEC has nothing to do with your academic ranking. Unreal. Bluefield State has had several professors over the years that have been recognized for their academic work.

BTW, what academic ranking should we use? WV Metronews.

Comment

Quite a disparity in pricing between many of the schools.

Comment

BTW, West Liberty thought a lot of the rankings. They flooded social media with the fact that they were one of the top 6 public regional schools in the South. West Lib, as a school, issued a press release as well to denote the rankings. I guess the school up there thought they were worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                    US News and World Reports latest rankings of schools in WV as it pertains to Regional Colleges in the South:

Alderson Broaddus #30
                    West Liberty #37
                    Wheeling Jesuit #38
                    Marshall #42
                    Ohio Valley #43
                    Glenville #52
                    Bluefield St #58
                    WV Wesleyan #58
                    Charleston #91
                    You're not using that US news list right.

US News has four different categories to rank schools in based on enrollment and types of degrees conferred. The ranking systems have no crossover either, they're derived from the Carnegie classifications and each category is independent of each other. The four ranking systems are: National Universities, schools that award at least 20 research PhDs a year, Regional Universities that award undergrad and master's degrees but <20 PhDs, Liberal Arts Colleges which are primarily undergrad institutions with at least 50% of degrees conferred in Liberal art degrees, and regional colleges, which are also undergraduate institutions with less than 50% of degrees awarded in liberal arts.

So for US News: WJU, Wesleyan and Charleston are actually ranked as universities not colleges. In fact WJU outranks Marshall in that category. Additionally, you didn't include Shep or WV state, who are ranked nationally as liberal arts schools.

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalAlum View Post
                      You're not using that US news list right.

US News has four different categories to rank schools in based on enrollment and types of degrees conferred. The ranking systems have no crossover either, they're derived from the Carnegie classifications and each category is independent of each other. The four ranking systems are: National Universities, schools that award at least 20 research PhDs a year, Regional Universities that award undergrad and master's degrees but <20 PhDs, Liberal Arts Colleges which are primarily undergrad institutions with at least 50% of degrees conferred in Liberal art degrees, and regional colleges, which are also undergraduate institutions with less than 50% of degrees awarded in liberal arts.

So for US News: WJU, Wesleyan and Charleston are actually ranked as universities not colleges. In fact WJU outranks Marshall in that category. Additionally, you didn't include Shep or WV state, who are ranked nationally as liberal arts schools.
                      YEA, WHAT HE SAID! Take that!

Comment

JDon, have you ever been to Bluefield to actually see Bluefield State. I don't even think they have dorms and their gym looks like the average middle school gym. Maybe they have several hot shot professors but I would hate to spend four years there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X