Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC - UNC-Pembroke

I've got a few friends who are supporters / boosters of the UNC-Pembroke Braves, with one in particular that keeps me updated on most things that are going on with their Football program. He said that they are excited about competing for a football conference championship in the MEC, and the players are also excited about traveling to the different MEC schools. He said that the travel aspect of playing in the MEC has also been a positive point in their recruiting, adding it's more in line with what higher division programs typically enjoy.

He said they look forward to hosting the MEC teams and fans to Braves Stadium on their fast growing campus. He reminded me that UNCP is the fastest growing University in NC with their enrollment topping 8,000 students this year. The new NC Promise Scholarship program has fueled a lot of this growth (including transfers) with in-state tuition rates of $500.00 and out-of-state tuition rates of $2,500.00 per semester. He added that the MEC fans that make the trip down will find the local tailgating experience to be a lot of fun and accommodating.

I typically get an invite to come down and catch a Brave's game with my friends, and I hope to catch one of their new MEC conference games this year.

Looking forward to seeing how UNCP stacks up in the MEC!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Looking forward to seeing how UNCP stacks up in the MEC!!
      They should do very well. A lot coming back. High expecatations need better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

They should do very well. A lot coming back. High expecatations need better results.
        Absolutely! A good D3 program walked in here last year and finished in a tie for second place. Who knows what an actual D2 program could do. lol

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post

Absolutely! A good D3 program walked in here last year and finished in a tie for second place. Who knows what an actual D2 program could do. lol
          An actual but somewhat erratic program. '10...5-5, '11...8-3, '12...6-4, '13...9-2, '14...2-8, '15...6-4, '16...10-2, '17...2-8, '18...2-8, '19...4-7. It may be on the upturn but who knows. They open the '20 season on the racetrack at WSSU which is never an easy game. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post

damn i dont know how to feel about that side shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

damn i dont know how to feel about that side shot!
              Just feel good that your winning in a not very good MEC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X