Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Is there a source on this or is it speculation on your part?
    The rumblings (from some affiliated athletic fans) are that Conference Carolinas is looking at potential options outside of their existing footprint. Those options could include those WV schools, or even a merger with GSC for some type of super-conference. Size wise, some of the CC schools would fit in fairly well with a lot of the GSC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

The rumblings (from some affiliated athletic fans) are that Conference Carolinas is looking at potential options outside of their existing footprint. Those options could include those WV schools, or even a merger with GSC for some type of super-conference. Size wise, some of the CC schools would fit in fairly well with a lot of the GSC schools.
      The whole CC is going to start football rumor I would file under the idle fan speculation category. Not that CC won't start football at some point, but I just find it very interesting that they haven't done so yet. I mean this has been a rumor for 3+ years now and nothing tangible to show for it.

Comment

Yep, according to some of their fans and boosters, the CC has been getting closer and closer each of the past 3 years to having their own football conference, now they're just waiting for the last domino to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerCrusader#84 View Post

Tech Boys,

You are correct. I said scheduling alliance in my previous post and should not have done so.
          Kudos for admitting your error. You'll never make it in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            Yep, according to some of their fans and boosters, the CC has been getting closer and closer each of the past 3 years to having their own football conference, now they're just waiting for the last domino to fall.
            While I have no information that it will, or won't, happen, I would just note that there is often a big delta between what fans and boosters say/want and what actually happens. If I had a dollar for every "I have it on good authority from my contact in the league office that [insert team name here] is joining the conference and the announcement will be made next week", I might not be rich, but I'd have enough for a REALLY good meal!!

Maybe CC ultimately starts sponsoring football and maybe they don't...but I doubt the D2Forums message board will get any "leaked" information before hand!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X