Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenville-Notre Dame game

10:07 left in second period, Glenville 7 Notre Dame 3.

Score update 9:21 left before half time Glenville 14- Notre Dame 3

Comment

Glenville 21- Notre Dame 3. 7:52 left to half

Comment

2:05 to half-GSU 21- ND 6.

Comment

Halftime score- GSU 24 - ND 6.

Comment

3:54 left in third- GSU 24 ND 13

Comment

End of third 24-13 GSU on top

Comment

Update 13:03 left in the game GSU 24 - ND 21

Comment

What transpired throughout the game to tip the scales significantly in favor of Glenville throughout the entire game?

Comment

Glenville took advantage of ND turnovers in the first half. ND’s back-up QB almost pulled off a comeback win but fell short.

Comment

Kellar is a good coach. That was a big rebuild down there and took some time.

Comment

He wasn’t so good at LR. 6-15 in two years. Kept playing his son at QB when he clearly wasn’t the guy. Best thing LR did was fire him and bring in Cronic. They went from 3-8 to 12-2.

Comment

Keller was a great guy and real good recruiter. Wish him much success at Glenville unless they are playing TheBears.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
                            He wasn’t so good at LR. 6-15 in two years. Kept playing his son at QB when he clearly wasn’t the guy. Best thing LR did was fire him and bring in Cronic. They went from 3-8 to 12-2.
                            As I recall, Keller's failure at LR had everything to do with changing LR from a "three yards in a cloud of dust"..."run on first, second, third AND fourth down" offense to a modern offense that favored the pass. For reference, LR QB's, COMBINED, threw 63 times the year before Keller arrived at LR...And NO, that ain't a typo...63 times for 389 yards...for the whole season!!!! He failed for a number of reasons...First, the team was not built to throw the football (BOY...is THAT an understatement!!). To install his offense (which Kellar was hired specifically to do) required a frame-off, top-to-bottom rebuild of the roster. Even in a perfect situation that requires more than a couple of recruiting classes to accomplish. Second, and probably much more important, the alumni were not just non-supportive of changing how LR played they were openly hostile to it. Put the two together and it was no wonder he failed at LR.

I find it interesting that the year after Keller was canned, the new HC was able to take a roster built primarily by Kellar and an offense that featured the pass much more that the pre-Kellar LR offense and win 12 games.

Comment

I believe there were some other reasons Mike left LR. He definitely brought in some good recruits and Cronic ran the wing tee which is mainly a run first offense. We went 26 -3 and lost to West Fla 43-38 which won the NC. I think we might have won the NC had Kyle Duggar played. We also went 25-3 in 2013-14 seasons running the football 90% of the time under Houstoni in 13 and Shields in 14 when we led the nation in rushing I believe. I truly wish Mike had been able to stay at LR but things didn’t work out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X