Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NE10 Week10 Scores

UNH GAME NOTES

A bit late as we just got back from a filipino party and had very little turn around time from drive back from game to leaving for party.

This was a very interesting game. ST Anselm is a bad pass happy football team which is a very odd combination.

In the first half I was wondering how this team was only 1-7 as they hung with the Chargers and it was only 21-14 at halftime.

Second half as has been the case many times this year in the battles between top NE-10 Teams and bottom ones UNH was able to make adjustments and St Anselm was not.

UNH turnd a close game into a route as St Anselm faded down the stretch.

This sets up a fantastic winner take all battle next week down at LIU Post between two unbeaten in the league teams.

My instinct tells me that LIU Post is the better team and UNH is going to have to play a whale of a game to beat them on the road but we know the best team does not always win.

Forget the regional rankings LIU Posts win over Shippensberg counts for a lot so here is my thoughts if LIU Post wins there is virtually no chance on New Haven making the D2 play-off but if UNH wins
    there is a chance that we can get two teams in.

No matter what happens next week getting to this point is a major step forward for UNH and hopefully the start of a trend but we will need to replace our Quarterback next year and other graduates too.

Comment

Re: NE10 Week10 Scores

Once again, as it was last week vs Post, the score was tied at halftime. This week it was 21-21 instead of 0-0, as it was a back and forth, entertaining and rain free first half.

But when the skies opened up at the start of the second half, it seemed like a bad omen for the Hounds. But the rain was short lived and so was the tie game as it was AC who took the second half kickoff and marched for the go ahead touchdown. The Hound defense tightened up and it was all AC from there on.

This second half would be reminiscent of the NE10 Champs from a year ago. Harris with some nifty moves for a TD, Monks finds a hole up the middle for a score, and on defense, a sixty-six yard pick six. These are the plays missing from this years edition of the Hounds.

Looking forward to next weeks finally and hopefully finish the season strong.
      Last edited by NE10Fan; 11-04-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X