Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to SoConn as a football power?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to SoConn as a football power?

Coach Kav really had it going

In my opinion....In the old days....as a state school with limited scholarships it was easy to get out of state kids because the tuition and board was pretty cheap. Now, with the same limited scholarships, tuition and board is almost $30k a year. Now it’s harder to get that out of state kid. Meanwhile every other school in the conference is a private school with greater resources. Though I know Southern alumni assoc has really picked up the fund raising which I think will pay dividends.

Comment

Originally posted by Scowl View Post
      In my opinion....In the old days....as a state school with limited scholarships it was easy to get out of state kids because the tuition and board was pretty cheap. Now, with the same limited scholarships, tuition and board is almost $30k a year. Now it’s harder to get that out of state kid. Meanwhile every other school in the conference is a private school with greater resources. Though I know Southern alumni assoc has really picked up the fund raising which I think will pay dividends.
      I know finances are a big problem with the CT state schools these days...it was a problem when I worked in the CSCU system years ago. Getting more alumni involved will definitely help-it’s sure helped UNH.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X