Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Post announced last year they were jumping their Sprint football team to D2 and join the NE10. After the Franklin Pierce move a couple years ago, it must have looked like the way to go.

    Post would have been the 10th football team in the NE10, but now with Stonehill out it is the 9th. If UNH finally anounces their move to D1, then the NE10 has problems.

    Not sure Utica makes any sense because of travel.

    I think a NE D3 school needs to jump up. (Western NE, Endicott, Plymouth State) to save the day.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
      Post announced last year they were jumping their Sprint football team to D2 and join the NE10. After the Franklin Pierce move a couple years ago, it must have looked like the way to go.

      Post would have been the 10th football team in the NE10, but now with Stonehill out it is the 9th. If UNH finally anounces their move to D1, then the NE10 has problems.

      Not sure Utica makes any sense because of travel.

      I think a NE D3 school needs to jump up. (Western NE, Endicott, Plymouth State) to save the day.
      I'm sure you could've said the same about LIU Post when they were in the NE10. I'm pretty sure the trips from Waltham or Manchester to Nassau County were a lot more difficult than Utica. But where else would a Utica D2 football team end up?
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

      Comment


      • #18
        Only went to LIU once from Boston. I took the ferry from New London. Stayed with a college buddy in Patchoug, got hammered
        on Friday night, drove 35 min drive to Post.
        I need a map to find Utica. No idea about anything.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
          Only went to LIU once from Boston. I took the ferry from New London. Stayed with a college buddy in Patchoug, got hammered
          on Friday night, drove 35 min drive to Post.
          I need a map to find Utica. No idea about anything.
          Utica is on the New York State Thruway (I-90) east of Syracuse.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

            Utica is on the New York State Thruway (I-90) east of Syracuse.
            Could they be close enough for them to consider the GMAC? I know the GMAC is pretty much Ohio schools, but maybe that's a possibility too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

              Could they be close enough for them to consider the GMAC? I know the GMAC is pretty much Ohio schools, but maybe that's a possibility too.
              Considering Utica is closer to Syracuse, that might be a little more complicated. The nearest potential GMAC rival to Utica is Lake Erie College in Painesville, which is northeast-ish of Cleveland, at 351 miles or roughly 5 1/2 hours away... and that's a relative straight shot via I-90.

              Contrast that with the farthest NE-10 football school from Utica, St. Anselm, which is about 300 miles away.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                Much has been made about travel for Utica in the NE10. I did this out of pure curiosity. Comparing mileage for Utica with the 2022 versions of the ECC and NE10. Based on miles with shortest travel time from Google.

                UDC is an obvious outlier skewing the ECC higher. ECC calculation without UDC is 217.4 Avg and 258 Long.
                The NE-10 talk was primarily for football, but, still, I could see Utica in the ECC for most sports and the NE10 for football.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

                  The NE-10 talk was primarily for football, but, still, I could see Utica in the ECC for most sports and the NE10 for football.
                  Hopefully we will soon find out what Utica does.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The NCAA D2 Membership Committee reported during their March 15 meeting that three schools applied to enter the transition process to become full D2 members:

                    Thomas More University (GMAC)
                    South Carolina-Beaufort (Peach Belt)
                    Westmont College (likely PacWest)

                    So, if Utica is planning to make a move to D2 (approval to move from D3 to D1 hockey would be made by the D1 Strategic Vision and Planning Committee), it probably won't happen until 2023-2024 at the earliest.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The latest rumor (from Dave McHugh of D3 Hoopsville) is that Nichols is also applying to D2 and the NE10.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        The latest rumor (from Dave McHugh of D3 Hoopsville) is that Nichols is also applying to D2 and the NE10.
                        Any word on what Nichols would do with the ice hockey teams?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Utica is adding men's and women's wrestling along with Women’s Gymnastics. Gymnastics will be in the National Collegiate Division that includes 6 D2 schools. What does this mean to their consideration on moving to D2.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            On this topic- I read this morning that LeMoyne is thinking about D1. Dream or reality for them?

                            Comment

                            Ad3

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X