Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
    It was quite the game in Worcester today. Both teams could have won the game but kicking was the difference. That missed PAT and FG really hurt New Haven. The Assumption D did their job. The New Haven offense struggles in the 2nd half. Didn't score against Bentley or Assumption and just 7 against St A. They are not able to turn it on and off like last year. The OL might be the difference from last year as Degenhardt didn't have a lot of time to throw the ball at times.

If all three teams finish at 6-1, it will be a three-way tie for the title.
    I don’t know if it’s out of necessity or by design, but I see the New Haven offense running a lot of the same few plays over and over again, especially in the running game. It’s great when it’s working, but good defenses figure it out. I don’t remember the offense being this uncreative when Patterson was QB.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      In terms of playoff rankings, I think Assumption with 1 D2 loss will be the only NE10 team with a chance to get in. Bentley and NH are a toss-up and are probably well
      behind the PSAC teams right now.
      I am pretty sure Assumption will be the only team represents NE10 in the post season and they totally deserve it. New Haven will just have to lick their wounds and finish the rest of the season. We lost to a great team and there is no shame in it.

Comment

In terms of playoff rankings, I think Assumption with 1 D2 loss will be the only NE10 team with a chance to get in. Bentley and NH are a toss-up and are probably well
        behind the PSAC teams right now.
        I see your logic - but teams 6-10 are going to be very tightly grouped come Monday. If the PSAC teams cannibalize each other these last couple of weeks - OR - the MEC teams stumble, there is a chance a 2nd NE-10 team gets in the mix.

Although Assumption won the game they needed to win - there is no denying that Bentley has been the best team in the NE-10 since week 3. The Falcons ill-prepared loss to West Chester in Week #1 is going to bite them in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
          Man, that Assumption play-by-play guy sure was talking smack at the end of the game.
          HaHaHa - I heard that - He was whistling a different tune 3 weeks ago when Bentley walked in and beat them on their own field Homecoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

HaHaHa - I heard that - He was whistling a different tune 3 weeks ago when Bentley walked in and beat them on their own field Homecoming weekend.
            It was like he thought he did something to impact the game. Hahahahaha

Comment

I don’t know if it’s out of necessity or by design, but I see the New Haven offense running a lot of the same few plays over and over again, especially in the running game. It’s great when it’s working, but good defenses figure it out. I don’t remember the offense being this uncreative when Patterson was QB.
              They have plenty of weapons. Pincince is the one that is calling the plays. Degenhardt is an experienced QB. Not really sure why they are struggling in the 2nd half. Yes, good defenses figure out what you are doing but then you need to change.

They have the weapons but the 2nd half this year has been a major struggle against the better teams on their schedule.

Comment

I see your logic - but teams 6-10 are going to be very tightly grouped come Monday. If the PSAC teams cannibalize each other these last couple of weeks - OR - the MEC teams stumble, there is a chance a 2nd NE-10 team gets in the mix.

Although Assumption won the game they needed to win - there is no denying that Bentley has been the best team in the NE-10 since week 3. The Falcons ill-prepared loss to West Chester in Week #1 is going to bite them in the ass.
                There is no margin for error for the NE10 over the final couple of weeks. There were plenty of upsets yesterday and the same can happen again.

The PSAC might knock themselves out of the playoff picture as some of the teams will be playing each other. They will get their typical 3 teams in and then one from each conference. the question will be the 7th team. It will come down to an NE10 or MEC team if they all win out.

Some of these one-point losses are going to haunt teams in the offseason if they don't make the playoffs. Bentley by a pt to WCU. New Haven by a pt to Assumption.

Comment

Bentley has played great since week 3, you're definitely right.

Bentley, Assumption, and New Haven are almost carbon copies of each other in terms of playing style. It's almost fitting that they all end up in a tie for the title. Too bad they all can't get in the playoffs (if that happened, I think the PSAC board would crash this website!)

Comment

Honestly, Bentley had some of the worst clock management that I have seen in my life that day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X