Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pace holding, back to the 20, 22 seconds left.

Comment

Pace completes a pass to the 5 and calls time out. 4 seconds left.

Comment

Pace 22-yard field goal MISSED

Game over

New Haven wins 17-14

New Haven versus Bentley for the NE10 title next week

I need new blood pressure meds.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          Pace 22-yard field goal MISSED

Game over

New Haven wins 17-14

New Haven versus Bentley for the NE10 title next week

I need new blood pressure meds.
          Bad job by the Pace HC. If he calls TO as soon as the pass is completed he gets one shot into the end zone and either wins or the clock stops and they can still try the FG.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

Bad job by the Pace HC. If he calls TO as soon as the pass is completed he gets one shot into the end zone and either wins or the clock stops and they can still try the FG.
            He let over 10 seconds run off. They could have spiked the ball and still get more plays and a chance to win.

Comment

This reminds me of Bentley from last year, particularly, the West Chester and the New Haven games. It was the worst of the worst clock management I have ever seen. Yes, Pace could've done a much better job with the clock at 51:01 seconds left and they managed only 2 plays.

Comment

Again, Menard was awful in this game. The Defense and the running game basically bailed him out again. This offense is not gonna go far.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

This reminds me of Bentley from last year, particularly, the West Chester and the New Haven games. It was the worst of the worst clock management I have ever seen. Yes, Pace could've done a much better job with the clock at 51:01 seconds left and they managed only 2 plays.
                  Yep, that Bentley staff from last year was clueless about clock management. Coach absolutely cost Bentley the West Chester game in 2022 [in more ways than clock management]. The loss to New Haven was more about the late turnover than clock mis-management. But suffice it to say, Bentley went 7-3 in 2022 in spite of that coaching staff.

Comment

Again, Menard was awful in this game. The Defense and the running game basically bailed him out again. This offense is not gonna go far.
                    130 passing yards, 76 on the Holmes TD. Not going to cut it, but that’s stating the obvious.

As rough as Menard has been, not really having a kicker is going to cost them the playoff spot, if it hasn’t already cost them a playoff spot. It’s also going to drive me mad before this season is over. If Bentley wins next week because they go for it on fourth down from like the 5 and don’t get it again when a field goal would be fine, I might have that heart attack these meds of mine are supposed to prevent.
                    Last edited by cwfenn; 11-04-2023, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

130 passing yards, 76 on the Holmes TD. Not going to cut it, but that’s stating the obvious.

As rough as Menard has been, not really having a kicker is going to cost them the playoff spot, if it hasn’t already cost them a playoff spot. It’s also going to drive me mad before this season is over. If Bentley wins next week because they go for it on fourth down from like the 5 and don’t get it again when a field goal would be fine, I might have that heart attack these meds of mine are supposed to prevent.
                      And Bentley has Mason Campbell who has 6 FGs over 40 yds this season. That could be an advantage for the Falcons. I don't see a lot of scoring in this game.

Comment

Statistically, Menard is the worst quarterback of all starting quarterbacks in the conference. Sad but true. This guy made some really ill-adviced throws and some of the worst dicisions on the football field. New Haven doesn't need this guy period.

Comment

And Bentley has Mason Campbell who has 6 FGs over 40 yds this season. That could be an advantage for the Falcons. I don't see a lot of scoring in this game.
                          The same guy who missed 2 less than 40 yards FGs vs New Haven, in which should've won the game for Bentley, so consistency could be in question? New Haven doesn't even have a kicker and a quarterback so I, also don't see much of a scoring game here.
                          Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 11-05-2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

The same guy who missed 2 less than 40 yards FGs vs New Haven, in which should've won the game for Bentley, so consistency could be in question? New Haven doesn't even have a kicker and a quarterback so I, also don't see much of a scoring game here.
                            I'll take Campbell over anyone New Haven trots out there. Menard scares nobody at this point. Is the football parking lot still surrounded by those Ginkgo trees?

Comment

True, but he also hit on FGs from 49 & 41 in that game. Maybe they just got him too close? New Haven kicker would need two shots to hit from 49. 😆

Comment

True, but he also hit on FGs from 49 & 41 in that game. Maybe they just got him too close? New Haven kicker would need two shots to hit from 49. 😆
                                He’s pretty good, best in the league I think. We can’t hope on him to miss like that again.

Kind of wish we still had the old New Haven field for this game. Used to have one grass field for football and soccer. By this time of year the football and soccer teams would have had that thing so mangled that nobody would be kicking anything!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X