Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan Leiby of Bloomsburg

Now that highly touted Logan Leiby (red shirt freshman QB from Selinsgrove) started the game at QB against ESU and left the game due to injury, does this mean that Bloom has lost a year of his eligibility for no valid reason whatsoever? And what is the nature of his injury? Will he be able to play again this year, if Bloom decides--for no valid reason--that they need to use him? Somebody please explain to me why they started him, when the Huskies are clearly out of the running for anything. I don't get it. Or am I missing something? All you frequently posting Bloomsburg critics are surprisingly silent with respect to what might become a major issue down the road!
    Last edited by BlueJay; 10-17-2018, 06:45 PM.

Re: Logan Leiby of Bloomsburg

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
    Now that highly touted Logan Leiby (red shirt freshman QB from Selinsgrove) started the game at QB against ESU and left the game due to injury, does this mean that Bloom has squandered a year of his eligibility for no valid reason whatsoever? And what is the nature of his injury? Will he be able to play again this year, if Bloom decides--for no valid reason--that they need to use him? Somebody please explain to me why they started him, when the Huskies are clearly out of the running for anything. I don't get it. Or am I missing something?
    Look up the new redshirt rules.

Comment

Just tell me! Be nice. I am not trying to be nasty.

Comment

Not what I meant. It's different now but I don't know it exactly and one of our rule guru's will have a coniption fit.

Something along the lines of they can play in four games or less.

Comment

Never mind! I looked it up! Thanks for referring me. I am relieved. Thanks again for putting me wise to something of which I was not aware. Would still like to know the nature of his injury! And thanks, IUPbigIndians! You are one of the good guys! Sorry about IUP's unexpected troubles. I had hoped to see them back in the national semis! Am surprised none of the Bloom regulars have not commented on this. One we go!

Comment

Never mind! I looked it up! Thanks for referring me. I am relieved. Thanks again for putting me wise to something of which I was not aware. Would still like to know the nature of his injury! And thanks, IUPbigIndians! Sorry about IUP's unexpected troubles. I had hoped to see them back in the national semis!
            Never know. The movie isn't over yet.

But ... doesn't look good.

Comment

Now that highly touted Logan Leiby (red shirt freshman QB from Selinsgrove) started the game at QB against ESU and left the game due to injury, does this mean that Bloom has squandered a year of his eligibility for no valid reason whatsoever? And what is the nature of his injury? Will he be able to play again this year, if Bloom decides--for no valid reason--that they need to use him? Somebody please explain to me why they started him, when the Huskies are clearly out of the running for anything. I don't get it. Or am I missing something? All you frequently posting Bloomsburg critics are surprisingly silent with respect to what might become a major issue down the road!
              Don't know Blooms or the kid's situation at all but one thing you might be missing is very few of these guys are on "full ride" scholarships which means IF the player does decide to use the 5th year his parents or somebody other than the University is going to be paying the bills for the extra semester/year. just sayin

Comment

Never mind! I looked it up! Thanks for referring me. I am relieved. Thanks again for putting me wise to something of which I was not aware. Would still like to know the nature of his injury! And thanks, IUPbigIndians! You are one of the good guys! Sorry about IUP's unexpected troubles. I had hoped to see them back in the national semis! Am surprised none of the Bloom regulars have not commented on this. One we go!
                I do believe the "new redshirt rules" pertain only to DI, at least at the moment. jus sayin

Comment

Reported as an ankle injury. It was anyone can petition for a medical redshirt year up until the half way point of a season. If that is true, the coaching staff wasted a year on him.
                  Last edited by Bart; 10-15-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                    Reported as an ankle injury. It was anyone can petition for a medical redshirt year up until the half way point of a season. If that is true, the coaching staff wasted a year on him.
                    If the program can actually recruit true receivers and not convert almost every high school qb they recruit to a receiver. You wouldn't have this problem. Odd ideology here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      If the program can actually recruit true receivers and not convert almost every high school qb they recruit to a receiver. You wouldn't have this problem. Odd ideology here. It works in some cases. But these guys are usually possession receivers that appear to have a learning curve , not game breakers. But come on there's true receivers out there . And the last decent recruited one on the roster Price transferred out.

Comment

There's no guarantee with these guys. While redshirting is great in theory ... who knows what the future holds.

Academic issues, injuries .... add to it these kids transfer on the drop of a dime nowadays. Heck, he could be at IUP or Gannon next year. Who knows.

Football is even more difficult to truly redshirt a player due to the amount of injuries. Most are one play away from being needed on the depth chart.

The timing of him getting injured is obviously terrible but perhaps Darrah thought he had progressed well enough to take over for the rest of the (lost) season and get a jump on next year. I'd assume that was the logic?

Comment

The injury is a high ankle sprain with stretched ligaments. 3 weeks on crutches no weight on ankle. Then walking boot for an additional 4 weeks. 6-8 weeks total revovery.
                          This kid is the real deal. Certainly Blooms future at QB. If he would have been 2" taller he would have been a highly sought after D1 recruit. Had alot of D1AA and some D1 interests, and of course a ton of D2 colleges that wanted him. He picked Bloom for their rich football history and it really fit his academic career. Great kid, very humble, and a very hard worker. Ge will he a real team leader. It's a shame that they didnt hold off this year and gave him the reigns next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
                            The injury is a high ankle sprain with stretched ligaments. 3 weeks on crutches no weight on ankle. Then walking boot for an additional 4 weeks. 6-8 weeks total revovery.
                            This kid is the real deal. Certainly Blooms future at QB. If he would have been 2" taller he would have been a highly sought after D1 recruit. Had alot of D1AA and some D1 interests, and of course a ton of D2 colleges that wanted him. He picked Bloom for their rich football history and it really fit his academic career. Great kid, very humble, and a very hard worker. Ge will he a real team leader. It's a shame that they didnt hold off this year and gave him the reigns next season.

For weeks, the fan base has been shredding the program, and now the coaching staff should have known the kid would get injured?! Please...

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
                              The coaches have always said it's about the team. They obviously thought Leiby gave them the best chance to win and they probably need to win to keep their jobs. 5-6 or 6-5 isn't going to do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X