Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logan Leiby of Bloomsburg

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post
    The coaches have always said it's about the team. They obviously thought Leiby gave them the best chance to win and they probably need to win to keep their jobs. 5-6 or 6-5 isn't going to do it.
    There was no reason to play him, unless they've lost complete confidence in Benjamin. They also won the game without Leiby.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      There was no reason to play him, unless they've lost complete confidence in Benjamin. They also won the game without Leiby.
      They only beat 1-6 East Stroudsburg because they had 3 backs rush for over 100 yards each. Hopefully the run game will keep going so that they can keep the defense off the field and win some low scoring games.

Comment

I believe that the run game is pretty good. They do need to open it up with the passing game. I think that the coaches believe that Leiby is the QB that gives them that best chance. With him out for the season, we will have to wait for next year. I still think that he is the future. This kid is really good.

Comment

Amen to that.

Comment

Comment

He can't take a medical redshirt either. Benjamin did have more yards in the 1st half today, than he has been averaging for a full game. It is something the way fans continue to bash whoever is the starting QB. Last year everyone wanted Benjamin over Palubinsky, now they have him and still aren't satisfied.

DE Gary tied the sack record of 26 by Webster, although Webster only played 2 seasons.

Comment

He can't take a medical redshirt either. Benjamin did have more yards in the 1st half today, than he has been averaging for a full game. It is something the way fans continue to bash whoever is the starting QB. Last year everyone wanted Benjamin over Palubinsky, now they have him and still aren't satisfied.

DE Gary tied the sack record of 26 by Webster, although Webster only played 2 seasons.
                A couple of observations:

1) Palubinsky was awful. We wanted Benjamin because he came in as a first team all state QB and wanted to see what he could do. Palubinsky was a known commodity and he was terrible. We needed to see if Benjamin was the QB of the future.
                2) I like Leiby but I was hoping he'd redshirt this year.
                3) Let's not go overboard with out praise of Benjamin... it was just Lock Haven and they were as advertised. This is what Bloom is supposed to do to teams like LHU despite losing to them the last two years, which was UNACCEPTABLE.
                It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

I'd really like to know how much better Leiby is than Van Scyoc. Or if he is.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                    I'd really like to know how much better Leiby is than Van Scyoc. Or if he is.
                    Van Scyoc will have 4 years to prove it, and could at least be the man his senior year. I am sure the coaches put the best players on the field, since their jobs depend on it. The coaches see these guys at practice, on tape, and should be aware of how they act around campus. It's their job and I defer to them in most cases. Benjamin apparently was seen as the best bet to win this year. I am not sure why they gave up Leiby's redshirt however, against a team like ESU. Either he learned the offense and was being groomed for next year by getting game time now or they just wanted to jump start the offense somehow. He is billed as the QB of the future, but if he was that good why not play him against KU or WCU.

Leiby is a class kid. Reading his response to someone on twitter: "Please don't talk about my teammate like this. Erik has done a great job and the cards just haven't fallen our way. So please respect him, thank you"
                    Last edited by Bart; 10-21-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Van Scyoc will have 4 years to prove it, and could at least be the man his senior year. I am sure the coaches put the best players on the field, since their jobs depend on it. The coaches see these guys at practice, on tape, and should be aware of how they act around campus. It's their job and I defer to them in most cases. Benjamin apparently was seen as the best bet to win this year. I am not sure why they gave up Leiby's redshirt however, against a team like ESU. Either he learned the offense and was being groomed for next year by getting game time now or they just wanted to jump start the offense somehow. He is billed as the QB of the future, but if he was that good why not play him against KU or WCU.

Leiby is a class kid. Reading his response to someone on twitter: "Please don't talk about my teammate like this. Erik has done a great job and the cards just haven't fallen our way. So please respect him, thank you"
                      Bart I do agree that Leiby is a class act. I've heard many interviews from him throughout his high school career. He never took the credit for wins, he always praised his teammates and coaches. With the high school career ge had and all of his accolades, he could have easily been cocky and/ or arrogant, but NEVER chose to be. Ge has always been humble and carried himself very well. I personally know one of his high school coaches and he always had great things to say about Leibys character. Work ethic, and team first mentality. He also was very highly respected by the teachers and administrators at Selinsgrove area school District. Don't know much about any other of the QB'S at Bloom (other than seeing Benjamin a few games this year), but I do know about Leiby and seen him play alot of high school games, and again he is really good. If he doesn't get his medical redshirt for his unfortunate injury, that means Bloom only has him for 3 more seasons. I sure hope they dont waste anymore time on him.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
                        A couple of observations:

1) Palubinsky was awful. We wanted Benjamin because he came in as a first team all state QB and wanted to see what he could do. Palubinsky was a known commodity and he was terrible. We needed to see if Benjamin was the QB of the future.
                        2) I like Leiby but I was hoping he'd redshirt this year.
                        3) Let's not go overboard with out praise of Benjamin... it was just Lock Haven and they were as advertised. This is what Bloom is supposed to do to teams like LHU despite losing to them the last two years, which was UNACCEPTABLE.
                        I think Palubinsky had better weapons last season. They had experienced Allison at Tight End and Ethan Price as another tall receiver. They really had no one fill both of those voids at all. Benjamin seems more accurate to me. But isnt overly impressive for being Big School PA allstate first team. Leiby could be the future. Too bad he might only have 3 years left.

This was lock havens worst team the last 3 years no doubt. . They had some letterman who did not return who had eligibility left and ended up starting redshirt Freshman with little experience at some positions. Some players second on the depth chart were true freshman who probably most very likely would of not seen the field at Bloom this year. So really a win at Lockhaven really dont mean much. They could be the worst team in the entire PSAC this season.
                        Last edited by BloomFan; 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I think that letterman was John Ford, who happens to live in my development. He was a workable running back with D-II speed and suddenly was gone with eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            Yeah, I think that letterman was John Ford, who happens to live in my development. He was a workable running back with D-II speed and suddenly was gone with eligibility left.
                            Ya starting RB Ford and a few returning d lineman and dbacks did not return this season, also a returning linebacker Satterwhite transferred to millersville

Comment

Bloomsburg's streak of winning seasons might come down to that trip to West Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                                Bloomsburg's streak of winning seasons might come down to that trip to West Liberty.
                                So your writing them off against Millersville or is it Slippery Rock, California, and Edinboro?

Bloom hasn't been shutout in 181 games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X