• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Nick Bosa

Thoughts?

Re: OT: Nick Bosa

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Thoughts?
    I hope he doesn't get drafted. This is a serious character flaw despite if people want to recognize it or not. This is quitting on your team for your own gain. What is to stop him from doing it again. Same thing with Lev Bell in a way. I understand people need to take care of number 1 first but there are right ways of doing so and wrong ways. This is a wrong way. He is not the type of guy you can count on period.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefln View Post
      I hope he doesn't get drafted. This is a serious character flaw despite if people want to recognize it or not. This is quitting on your team for your own gain. What is to stop him from doing it again. Same thing with Lev Bell in a way. I understand people need to take care of number 1 first but there are right ways of doing so and wrong ways. This is a wrong way. He is not the type of guy you can count on period.
      He may go No. 1 overall. He's already hurt and hasn't played for a month. Similar to skipping the bowl game, right?

Comment

He may go No. 1 overall. He's already hurt and hasn't played for a month. Similar to skipping the bowl game, right?
        Doesn't he need surgery on his groin? jus sayin

Comment

Comment

And I am saying that way of thinking is a character flaw and is something I would stay away from. This is not like Arron Donald holding out of camp. This is Bell quitting on the team in season. You are going to pay someone millions of dollars to help you win a championship, i want to know I can count on them. This is quitting no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I also think those skipping bowl games are quitters too.

Comment

And I am saying that way of thinking is a character flaw and is something I would stay away from. This is not like Arron Donald holding out of camp. This is Bell quitting on the team in season. You are going to pay someone millions of dollars to help you win a championship, i want to know I can count on them. This is quitting no matter how anyone tries to spin it. I also think those skipping bowl games are quitters too.

Comment

Curious what's wrong with what Lev Bell is doing? He's within the rules of the league and union. I get the 'team' aspect angle and all but what if he blew out his knee? What's that do to his value entering his big free agent contract next year? This isn't college anymore. They get to make their own decisions whether we agree with them or not. He could care less about the 'team' in this instance (he's far from the only one). He wants that big contract. And, he'll get it from somebody. These guys want paid ... can't blame them for it. One play and it can all end. College is a lot of the team, team, team stuff. The NFL is the me, me, me stuff.

Comment

You are not following what I am saying. You are speaking from the players pov. I am talking from the owners pov. If I am going to pay someone money, I need to know they have the character to stand up to the fire, no matter if it is in the board room, construction site, or in this case the football field. He is putting his needs above the teams needs and if i was an owner I would not pay for that. It is a major character flaw.

Comment

Guess what? Ohio State isn't paying him millions.

The team that takes him No. 1 overall will be paying him millions.

Big difference.

Comment

You are not following what I am saying. You are speaking from the players pov. I am talking from the owners pov. If I am going to pay someone money, I need to know they have the character to stand up to the fire, no matter if it is in the board room, construction site, or in this case the football field. He is putting his needs above the teams needs and if i was an owner I would not pay for that. It is a major character flaw.
                      Guess what? If you owned the Rams and chose to not sign Aaron Donald ... 31 others teams would be fighting for him ... and you'd be getting smoked by him on the field. The NFL is a business. Bottom line.

Comment

Comment

ARE YOU NOT FOLLOWING WHAT I AM STATING. I understand why HE is doing it. That is not my point. Looking at it from owners POV, he is not the type of guy you want in the locker room, just like Bell would not be. These guys fit in at a place like Cincinnati, where the guys put their needs above the teams needs DURING THE SEASON. You don't see these type of guys at New England or the Steelers, they get pushed out the door. That is why they are successful franchises as opposed to Cincy who has good/great players but are never more than 1 and done in the playoffs.

Comment

ARE YOU NOT FOLLOWING WHAT I AM STATING. I understand why HE is doing it. That is not my point. Looking at it from owners POV, he is not the type of guy you want in the locker room, just like Bell would not be. These guys fit in at a place like Cincinnati, where the guys put their needs above the teams needs DURING THE SEASON. You don't see these type of guys at New England or the Steelers, they get pushed out the door. That is why they are successful franchises as opposed to Cincy who has good/great players but are never more than 1 and done in the playoffs.
                            I'm afraid I've got some bad news on that front. These aren't the old Steelers anymore.

Bosa at worst goes in the TOP 3 of the draft ... and that's regardless if it was random and New England was picking at the top.

Comment

I'm afraid I've got some bad news on that front. These aren't the old Steelers anymore.

Bosa at worst goes in the TOP 3 of the draft ... and that's regardless if it was random and New England was picking at the top.
                              I get that he is top 3 even with this stunt, I understand he is going to get paid. I just understand that it is a character flaw and that matter. Another difference is I know what type of teams he will be playing for. IE the ones that are not good because the locker room is a circus, because ownership does not have a grasp of dealing with issues and hired no one capable of it either.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X