Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSAC.....who/how many will make the NCAA tourney?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC.....who/how many will make the NCAA tourney?

I'm interested to see people's opinion as to how many PSAC teams get into the NCAA tournament.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that even the winner has an automatic bid, though I
    don't believe that they have ever not invited the title game winner.
    First, I think that all contenders need to win their remaining regular season
    matches to have a shot. For me, the 4 teams that have a shot are West Chester, Slippery Rock,
    IUP, and Kutztown. Compounding things are the SR ratings going into this past weekend. In my opinion,
    WCU was under-ranked as an undefeated team, and Kutztown was over-ranked at 2nd, perhaps due
    to an over-rated win against Assumption, who hasn't turned out as good as they were last year. It will be
    interesting to see how they vote this week, with WC winning head-to-head by 17 points. Also, I think
    Slippery Rock may be a bit under-rated.....they had one slip early against Shippensburg, but have otherwise
    taken care of business. IUP may not be the world-beater that they were last year...they lost to Cal, and they
    lost a tight game to Slippery Rock. However, if they win out impressively against Edinboro and Shippensburg, they
    can't be totally out of it. Kutztown also is going to have to win impressively in their last 2 games and hope for
    a happy committee.
    Here is my guess.......

West Chester and Slippery Rock get in..........barring any unlikely slip-up in their remaining regular season games......
    I think Edinboro upsets Kutztown in their home closer and eliminates the Bears from a shot.
    I think IUP wins out impressively, but the committee is not going to move them in.......

Re: PSAC.....who/how many will make the NCAA tourney?

The problem for the PSAC getting 3 teams is the other conferences; NE-10 will get 2 spots, MEC gets one, and the GMAC is inline to get two spots; leaving only two left for PSAC.

PSAC teams need to hope Tiffin beats Hillsdale and Hillsdale then lose their last game to Indy, potentially knocking out Hillsdale and the Gmac only getting one team in.

Even if IUP beats Boro and Ship by 50; I can't see how they get in; I think the only lock in the Psac is West Chester at this point in time

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      The problem for the PSAC getting 3 teams is the other conferences; NE-10 will get 2 spots, MEC gets one, and the GMAC is inline to get two spots; leaving only two left for PSAC.

PSAC teams need to hope Tiffin beats Hillsdale and Hillsdale then lose their last game to Indy, potentially knocking out Hillsdale and the Gmac only getting one team in.

Even if IUP beats Boro and Ship by 50; I can't see how they get in; I think the only lock in the Psac is West Chester at this point in time
      I think you are right.......however, I do think that both WC and Slippery Rock get in if they win their regular season finales and make a game of the title game.

It will be interesting to see what they would do with Kutztown if they would win out with big numbers. I also would agree that there is no way that this
      committee is going to take 4 from the PSAC, no matter what.................however, I can see scenarios where they take 3, where they take 2, or even some
      stranger scenarios where they just take one...................

Time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob984 View Post
        I think you are right.......however, I do think that both WC and Slippery Rock get in if they win their regular season finales and make a game of the title game.

It will be interesting to see what they would do with Kutztown if they would win out with big numbers. I also would agree that there is no way that this
        committee is going to take 4 from the PSAC, no matter what.................however, I can see scenarios where they take 3, where they take 2, or even some
        stranger scenarios where they just take one...................

Time will tell!

Comment

First off, the region rankings are not a vote! The region rankings are based on a formula.

1) Slippery Rock being in the 9 slot right now looks like they have to win both games to get into the top 7.
          2) ND, West Chester look like locks even with 1 loss.
          3) Tiffin looks like a lock but a loss to Hillsdale could make them sweat.
          4) Hillsdale is in must win mode.
          5) Ohio Dominican should win out but the SOS will take a hit.
          6) IUP is in must win mode and need a lot of help like Slippery Rock losing, Ohio Dominican losing, Hillsdale losing, etc.

Comment

I think SRU is a lock, as I see them beating both Gannon next weekend and West Chester in the State Game. Hopefully, I am wrong with respect to "The Rock" beating WCU.

Comment

I don't think Kutztown drops out of the top 9, but their loss yesterday obviously helps West Chester and Slippery Rock. Those 3 are the ONLY PSAC teams the committee should consider, IMO. I also feel it is very possible that the PSAC only gets 1 team in the Regional, and that would be the winner of the State Game...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                I don't think Kutztown drops out of the top 9, but their loss yesterday obviously helps West Chester and Slippery Rock. Those 3 are the ONLY PSAC teams the committee should consider, IMO. I also feel it is very possible that the PSAC only gets 1 team in the Regional, and that would be the winner of the State Game...
                What conference would get the third team? Not the MEC, not the NE10. Ohio Dominican already has 2 losses, can't see them getting in over a one loss Kutztown.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  First off, the region rankings are not a vote! The region rankings are based on a formula.

1) Slippery Rock being in the 9 slot right now looks like they have to win both games to get into the top 7.
                  6) IUP is in must win mode and need a lot of help like Slippery Rock losing, Ohio Dominican losing, Hillsdale losing, etc.

Comment

Millersville has been so bad for so long, this must have been a long time ago when the playoff rules were different.

Comment

The PSAC will get 3 teams if Slippery Rock beats West Chester and neither of those teams nor Kutztown loses another game, and will get 2 teams (West Chester and Kutztown) if WCU beats Slippery Rock and neither WCU nor KU lose any other games. Slippery Rock might also slip in if they lose a close game to West Chester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        Millersville has been so bad for so long, this must have been a long time ago when the playoff rules were different.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

With the current standings and remaining schedules, it's quite possible that there will be 8 teams in the region with 1 or fewer losses, which means one of them is staying home.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                            With the current standings and remaining schedules, it's quite possible that there will be 8 teams in the region with 1 or fewer losses, which means one of them is staying home.
                            crazy

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Yes they are. A pair of wins against 9-0 Tiffin and 8-1 Indy could propel them way up the rankings while a split would make it iffy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X