Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Take IUP edition

Re: Hot Take IUP edition

Possible but probably doubtful. I briefly felt the same after he beat James Madison. He's not a spring chicken and P5 want name commodities.

Fresno State type ... no doubt.

That said ... to take a bottom feeder and a year later beat James Madison .... that's no joke.

Who knows. Florida State will be open soon. Miami may be, too. Taggart and Richt are jumping out of a plane with no parachute.

Not that he'd get either of those but it creates a snowball.

Pure jackasses like Fraud Graham have got big jobs. Curt is deserving. At that level his people skills and a$s kissing skills would need major improvement.

Comment

Comment

Well, Brian Kelly did make the jump from D2 to FBS.

Comment

Agree that Curt is a terrific football coach. But regarding the 2017 IUP team. Curt had nothing to do with landing a generational talent like Max Redfield who transformed the defensive side of the ball. There also has to be doubts if a Curt led team would have been able to mount comebacks against Ashland (IUP down 16-3) and at the Rock (down 10-0 IIRC). I don't remember too many Curt coached teams making comebacks from a double-digit deficit.

The 2017 IUP team (both players and coaches) seemed to relish their freedom and autonomy from the Curt regime and they made the absolute most of it. But it is true that the vast majority of the players were from the Curt years.

-

Comment

But the truth is had he been coaching at Cal then he would be a combination of Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi to you and you would be perched high upon your soapbox shouting for all to hear that he ought to be coaching Alabama or Clemson.

-

Comment

Next step for Cignetti would be MAC or Sun Belt if he's lucky. He was OK at IUP, very average against the good teams.....I will take Tort over Cignetti for sure, program has the community and student support both were not fans of CG......just sayin

Comment

Even Kelly was a slow move with way more success then Curt, GV, MAC, Cincy , ND.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  Agree that Curt is a terrific football coach. But regarding the 2017 IUP team. Curt had nothing to do with landing a generational talent like Max Redfield who transformed the defensive side of the ball. There also has to be doubts if a Curt led team would have been able to mount comebacks against Ashland (IUP down 16-3) and at the Rock (down 10-0 IIRC). I don't remember too many Curt coached teams making comebacks from a double-digit deficit.

The 2017 IUP team (both players and coaches) seemed to relish their freedom and autonomy from the Curt regime and they made the absolute most of it. But it is true that the vast majority of the players were from the Curt years.

-
                  OF course they were from the Curt years, stupid comment, what is a new HC going to do start 22 freshman, be smart before u type....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                    Next step for Cignetti would be MAC or Sun Belt if he's lucky. He was OK at IUP, very average against the good teams.....I will take Tort over Cignetti for sure, program has the community and student support both were not fans of CG......just sayin
                    Attendance hasn't really moved under Torterella so that added community and student support must be moral support. Attendance actually went down last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Attendance hasn't really moved under Torterella so that added community and student support must be moral support. Attendance actually went down last year.
                      In the box score, yes.

In reality, it went up a lot. Far different.

They either fudged numbers under Curt or don't know how to count. Remember about 25% don't even pay for tickets. They just waltz in through one of the 9 gates or openings in the prison fence.

Comment

OF course they were from the Curt years, stupid comment, what is a new HC going to do start 22 freshman, be smart before u type....just sayin
                        I was merely stating the obvious that, yes, the majority of the players were recruited under the previous coach. Pretty basic in most cases I suppose.

We will have to wait several years to see if Tort's recruits are as good or worse than what his predecessor's were.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          I was merely stating the obvious that, yes, the majority of the players were recruited under the previous coach. Pretty basic in most cases I suppose.

We will have to wait several years to see if Tort's recruits are as good or worse than what his predecessor's were.

-
                          They best be having study halls all off-season. No more of this academic crap.

Comment

Even Kelly was a slow move with way more success then Curt, GV, MAC, Cincy , ND.
                            He actually coached Central Michigan, not the MAC. Just sayin'

-

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X